Damascus build set with Titanium Recon Frame

This is a discussion on Damascus build set with Titanium Recon Frame within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to share this set. It became available to me recently . It is very rare that I get a set like this into ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damascus build set with Titanium Recon Frame

Cool Damascus build set with Titanium Recon Frame

I have to share this set. It became available to me recently . It is very rare that I get a set like this into the shop without a customer attached to it. That is why it will not look any different for a while, there is no build spec yet. I just have it sitting out for looking at as the slide has some of the most interesting patterns that I have seen on a Damascus slide in a long time. Very balanced and not shouting out at you, but kind of an understated elegance. Anyway, here is the lousy pics. I am going to have to spend a day, all day, playing with this camera until I can at least get pictures I am not afraid to post. Will be fun to see what this looks like when it gets a Pappa and is finally spec'd out!and completed. I tried to make it a Christmas present to myself but I heard a loud voice crying out of the wilderness of the house to the shop saying "Don't even think abiut it!".So.....

Jess

"Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    too dammed purdy for a ccw gun for sure lol . Make a nice safe queen tho or bbq gun .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Legacy gun for sure, but it is a 1911 and it will take a LOT of shooting to even begin to wear it out. Bear in mind it is the best of the "unobtanium" metals and parts. Titanium frame in a recon configuration with a Damascus slide. It doesn't get any better than that. If I were going to build it for myself, it would have a 10-8 rear sight maybe rear of slide serrated to match. Then the slide flat topped and a nice arrow pattern on the top, but probably not. I would just let the damascus speal for it's self. Novak Target Ring w.hite dot night sight in the front and all of the good stuff inside. I have a Storm Lake 5 inch match barrel looking for a home as well as a EGW ignition set and STI Titanium strut. It will have the Titanium smooth MSH and Speed Bump grip safety to keep as much titanium on the gun as possible. Maybe checker or golf ball the front strap and MSH or more classic checkering and checkering. Anway, just me dreaming, although I would go with ball cuts on the front of the slide to match the recon configuration better. What would you do with it from a "got all the money" dream standpoint? It will be interesting to see how other people would spec this gun out if they were building it. May give me some ideas.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Administrator
    Oh boy, thats going to be cool when its done!
    "Just blame Sixto"

I usually don't care for the Damascus look but the more I stare at the photos the more it grows on me.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Thumbs up Purdy

Love that Damascus slide!

Looks even better than my 12g Parker barrels!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Make a nice safe queen tho or bbq gun .
    BBQ gun ? You mean I can can buy another gun for yet another occasion ? :)

Wow! That's gorgeous Damascus! Any idea of the provenance of the steel? That's gorgeous stuff.

very nice!

Now that is a nice build.

Is that from http://www.tusseycustom.com/pricing.htm I do know they have Titanium Recon frames and offer a Damascus slide. On their price list minus the Damascus trigger it's $1328 which kind of surprised me. I would have figured it would cost more.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

very purty!
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    too dammed purdy for a ccw gun for sure lol . Make a nice safe queen tho or bbq gun .
    Thinking the same thing!!

Really nice looking piece. Drool!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Administrator
    What are you doing to me Jess?!?

I have a Titanium/Damascus fetish and those pictures are just driving me crazy because that would be THE ideal custom pistol foundation for me.
    You are visually torturing a moderator on this forum so watch your step.

MODERATOR WARNING:
    Do not post any pictures that are nicer than those!

I publicly admit it. I go bonkers over unique and unusual metals.
    Honestly...one of the saddest days in my life was I missed the chance to buy a rare 80% complete Beryllium Copper 1911 frame.
    I missed getting it by one day. Am I strange or what?
    Now they are no more and gone from Earth for good.

Now that Titanium/Damascus combo is going to make up into one very incredible looking handgun and in your extremely capable gun smithing hands it's going to be one Hellova ultimate deadly accurate and reliable future dream pistol.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I think if I missed a Beryllium Copper 1911 they would have found me pounding my head on a wall somewhere and talking incoherently......

I do love a pattern welded slide though. Yeah some may say it's gilding a lily but they make such beautiful gilded lilys!!! The ultimate would be if you could get one of the reigning masters of the craft to do a really stunning blank and then get it machined but oh, the cost! I've seen American flags worked in, initials, absolutely stunning patterns (anybody remember Bill Morans' shooting star bowie?) and even stainless / mild steel combinations. If I could just win the lottery..........
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links