Ok, you can laugh - Page 2

Ok, you can laugh

This is a discussion on Ok, you can laugh within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ohh ahh a 41 mag ... Checks list ... yes there is a 41 mag on this years wish list...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, you can laugh

ohh ahh a 41 mag ... Checks list ... yes there is a 41 mag on this years wish list

yes Bud.........a 41 Mag is in your future !! And yes Chris....I'm at a loss to understand why Smith, or Colt, or any of the other guys haven't made a big bore in the small frames.......Product Liability?? very possible

Senior Moderator
    I doubt that it is product liablity...
    its probably just because they dont take the CCW market very seriously.

Taurus is the only one that caters to that market...and they have a very sizeable share of it because the others have not been paying attention...

Hot?? you're probably right... it's a whole new market out there if they'd only look into it a little more deeply...

Oh, I think you did better. I'm a sucker for .44 special wheelguns.

Want a good laugh? Mr. Fal bought a mall-ninja Armalite HBAR.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

OD*
    Has anyone looked at S&Ws offerings lately?
    There's a number of LW Big Bores available.
    Ya just can't a put .44 or .45 in a J frame.

its probably just because they dont take the CCW market very seriously

They take the CCW market very seriously, look at their web sight, there are a ******* lot of guns intended for that purpose.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    Oh, I think you did better. I'm a sucker for .44 special wheelguns.

Want a good laugh? Mr. Fal bought a mall-ninja Armalite HBAR.
    I'd take one of those nothing wrong with that rifle
    When I fooled with that Colt I orignally wanted, it kinda gave me bad vibes. The other two people , who traded the Charter in, wanted the Colt I passed on. REALLY strange feeling to have that happen while I was at the shop.. <Twilight Zone music playing in the background during this post>

Cool Hi-Powered Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Actually I think you did all right on that.

Considering the lack of .44 Special chambered snubbies, that's about as good as it gets for right now. If I was in the right mood I'd have bought it too.

Yeah so it's from the new Charter Arms, but heck the old ones really weren't that amazing they were just plain and simple and that made them inexpensive.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for such a thing so $150 sounds pretty good to me.

Then again I'm the goofy guy looking for a used Taurus snub in .44 special and I like Rossis.
    I'm pretty sure that Taurus STILL makes a 44sp snub and I think they even make a better caliber snub in the 45 LC. Then there's that Ruger Alaskan in 454 Casull which will also shoot the 45LC. It's not a "true" snubnose with the small frame. In fact I think that the Alaskan is nothing more than a Super RedHawk with the barrel cut down to the reinforcing shroud. So it's not a belly gun, but it's still polar bear stopping firepower in a smallish package.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Actually I do want one of those!

But I'm really looking for what's basically a snubnose K frame sized gun in a large bore.

After all that Colt Agent I picked up packs 6 .38 catridges in a space about the same size as a J Frame cylinder, so it should logically be possible to go slightly bigger to accomadate 5 larger catridges instead of 6 smaller ones.

Taurus still puts the items you talked about on their site but they're all discontinued.

I think Ruger could easily make a 5 shot capacity GP 100 in a .44 Magnum chambering. Just slap a short barrel on it and you have something there...

OD*
    But I'm really looking for what's basically a snubnose K frame sized gun in a large bore.

You can find it in "L" frame, Model 396.
    The Taurus is closer to the "L" than the "K" frame, IIRC?

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Yeah you're probably right about that.

Trouble with the 396 is I like it, but it's a super lightweight. That's good and bad.

OD*
    True.

It's amazing to me that the L framed 396 is an oz. lighter than the original Charter Bulldog. That's the one I wish they'd bring back, regret selling the ones I had.

Thumbs up

Ex.. I know exactly what you mean.......I've never owned, or considered such a thing as this Charter Pug........I guess it was implusiveness, linked with the urge for a small framed 44 caliber. I've got plenty of weapons to carry, but this kinda stuck out due to it's price.. condition, and the fact that I have that S&W 629-5 fixed sight 3in round butt 44 mag I found at the same place.. The Charter is so much lighter, was priced very right, and stayed within my confines of having a "throwaway" peice, meaning it wouldn't kill me to see it tied up in Evidence for several years, getting thrown around and mis-handled.. I almost bought a Taurus 415? in 41 Mag.....cost was 410.00 used... that's why I looked at the Pug. Less than half the cost, pretty reliable, lightweight, and with good handloads.or 180 Gr god dots or similar..won't kill your wrists..I LOVE the Smiths....Colts, Rugers, and others.. Even if my Wife decides to carry it (and I think just might) as she carrys either a Model 60 in 38 or 357..H&K P7, and a few others..I may lose it because of her similar tastes for such a thing.

I can personally recommend the PMC 200gr JHP in .44 special as not being wrist killers, even in my 296.

I would *not* want to be shot by one.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Actually I do want one of those!

After all that Colt Agent I picked up packs 6 .38 catridges in a space about the same size as a J Frame cylinder, so it should logically be possible to go slightly bigger to accomadate 5 larger catridges instead of 6 smaller ones.

Taurus still puts the items you talked about on their site but they're all discontinued.

I think Ruger could easily make a 5 shot capacity GP 100 in a .44 Magnum chambering. Just slap a short barrel on it and you have something there...
    Euc.. that Colt ya got was a STEAL! Nice gun for what you paid I was on a similar search as you (toying with that Colt Dick Spl) but it didn't turn out my way.. but that's how it went. If it had been a 3rd issue, I'd have really snapped it up, due to parts availability, and my mechanical aptitude.. I guess all of us are looking for that "ultimate carry gun" and I suspect the search will never end. Not a bad thing you know! I'd love to see a small frame 5 shot wheelie (between a J and K frame) in 44mag, 45 Long Colt, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links