What's going on at Para-Ordnance?

This is a discussion on What's going on at Para-Ordnance? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had one ordered for nearly 2 months, and can't get any response from them by e-mail or by phone. I'm starting to get quite ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going on at Para-Ordnance?

What's going on at Para-Ordnance?

I've had one ordered for nearly 2 months, and can't get any response from them by e-mail or by phone.

I'm starting to get quite concerned!
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

2. Remove Ads

That is odd.

I purchased a Hawg 9 from a local gun shop, and wrote to their e-mail address asking about holster sizes, since none of the main sellers online have the Hawg series in their line up just yet. But within the day I received a reply, than the following day I was on the phone with a salesman from ParaOrd trying to sell me more stuff, haha. Maybe the holidays are messing with their staffing?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    I've had one ordered for nearly 2 months, and can't get any response from them by e-mail or by phone.

Para is hit or miss by all accounts in just about every department and they have been for as long as they've been around.
    "Just blame Sixto"

There aren't very many coming into this area.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

It's sad they just let their bread and butter slip through their fingers. Customer service isn't hard.

but it can be expensive sometimes....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    It's sad they just let their bread and butter slip through their fingers. Customer service isn't hard.
    Actually, customer service is hard. It requires training, tools, and good attitude. All of these aspects are hard to come by now. Most of the jobs in customer service, especially when it comes to answering phones, are low-paying. Retaining good people is hard.

I have worked for several years in call centers and in customer service departments. I have answered thousands of calls. I hate to say it, but most people who call in have no idea what they want or why they are calling. It is my job to help them, but some people will not be helped.

Also, if my employer will not give me the software, the authority or the product knowledge to make decisions on helping people, which happens often, then we are all losers.

Meanwhile, the expense of keeping phone lines open continues to increase. It does not surprise me that some companies just give up and let it go to voice mail and do not return the call. Someone did the math and figured it is cheaper to lose a certain number of customers than to pay money to keep customer service open.

Have you run a business? Do you know how hard it is? Food for thought. Given my experience, I don't blame anyone for not answering the phone. Yes, I don't like it. I got rid of my HKs because of it, but I respect a bottom line decision nonetheless.

Actually, calling a company before buying its product, especially a gun company, is a good idea. If you don't like what you encounter, move on to another product. It is the best tactical move.

Quote Originally Posted by Hume View Post

Have you run a business? Do you know how hard it is? Food for thought. Given my experience, I don't blame anyone for not answering the phone. Yes, I don't like it. I got rid of my HKs because of it, but I respect a bottom line decision nonetheless.

Actually, calling a company before buying its product, especially a gun company, is a good idea. If you don't like what you encounter, move on to another product. It is the best tactical move.

Actually, yes. My statement was too broad in meaning but availing yourself to a customer should be a high priority. Selling a product is only part of the equation. If you can't communicate with your customer base, you are damaging you business in the long run. And I DO blame them for not answering the phone. It's BAD business. If that's how they view their customers you should move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    Actually, yes. My statement was too broad in meaning but availing yourself to a customer should be a high priority. Selling a product is only part of the equation. If you can't communicate with your customer base, you are damaging you business in the long run. And I DO blame them for not answering the phone. It's BAD business. If that's how they view their customers you should move on.
    Well, I have moved on. My last employer was so neglectful of the fact that people need tools to do their job that I chucked it.

I agree: Not answering the phone is bad business. Answering the phone but being lame about it is bad too. Let's see, in regard to gun companies, Beretta, HK (my pet peeve), Sig, Colt, and now Para? Who's next?

I think I could have been more clear and specific too. While I understand the business rationale for letting customer service slide (because I have personally heard management explain why it has done so), I also think such a move is a mistake. As an insider though, I am telling people, be aware that it will continue to happen because costs are squeezing companies every which way.

Don't get mad. Instead, find a company that does a better job of it. Candidates: S&W, Glock, maybe Ruger (I haven't called them in several years). You will enjoy your pistol better when you do.

And, people, when you call, do the CSR a favor (and for your own sake), be brief and to the point. Make a specific request for action. Don't just whine. I am sorry your product is broken. Everyone is sorry. But let's move on and solve the problem, if a solution is available. Sometimes, it is not. If so, be of good cheer, you've learned something new. Yet, if you are willing to negotiate, satisfactory answers can be reached 99% of the time. Customers are an equal partner in the successful process of customer service. Take ownership of this fact, and you will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hume View Post
    I agree: Not answering the phone is bad business. Answering the phone but being lame about it is bad too. Let's see, in regard to gun companies, Beretta, HK (my pet peeve), Sig, Colt, and now Para? Who's next?
    Colt's Mfg. (as opposed to Colt Defense) is the only gun company I've ever called, and they were quick and pleasant to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post

what phone number are you calling? i called twice last week and once at the beginning of this week. all three times i reached someone on the second or third ring and was immediately transferred to the person i needed to speak with.

here's the number i called (416) 297-7855.

hope this helps!

I hate to see customer service problems with a good company. I hope there is a reasonable explanation.

The manufacturers could take a lesson from Springfield. They are really tuned in to their customers.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    I hate to see customer service problems with a good company. I hope there is a reasonable explanation.

The manufacturers could take a lesson from Springfield. They are really tuned in to their customers.
    Have to give this post a 2 thumbs up.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I guess the problem is that my work hours and their work hours are the same. All I ever get is an answering machine. It would be nice to get a response from my e-mails, though.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Smith & Wesson and Ruger customer service were responsive and shipping times were fast.

Taurus was responsive, but their turnaround time was almost three months.

CZ-USA is responsive. Best service was by using e-mail. Never had a CZ break, so I don't know about shipping speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links