Just a Little More Decision Help

This is a discussion on Just a Little More Decision Help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok Guys- After getting to try a lot of the guns out I recently thought about picking up I found I actually didnt like any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a Little More Decision Help

Just a Little More Decision Help

Ok Guys-

After getting to try a lot of the guns out I recently thought about picking up I found I actually didnt like any of them and didnt shoot them worth a dern....

Most of the were sub compact .40's and .45's I was shooting 3 and 4 inch 1911's excellent but find it hard to spend that kind of cash right now (College, House, Wife, Dog, the list goes on)

So I think I am now in search of a compact or Sub-compact 9mm that has a high capacity....I would also consider compact .40's just not sub-compacts.....

I need a gun that conceals well IWB under just a t-shirt, and I hate Glocks and dont care for the XD's either.....so what do you all recomend for affordable carry? Also not sure I trust the Taurus name FWIW.

Thanks
    Josh

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Think about CZ-75 compacts or the CZ RAMI
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

VIP Member
    Josh you are asking a lot. Not sure what people here are going to recommend you here. A high compacity compact or sub compact will most likely mean a double stack mag, makeing your weapon wider. For me I can conceal a wider weapon but some think they print too much. With you being short on money limits you also. I like to see what the others here do recommend here.

Yeah I know right it's like trying to find a Corvette for $1500 but I dont mean really cheap, say under $600

VIP Member
    I know you said you didn't like a Taurus, But I really do like them. And never had trouble with one. One of my main carry is a Taurus and I trust my life with it. But being able to spend $600 does make it easier to find what you would like. So heres my reccomendation. Give Taurus a second thought and that will give you holster and range money left over.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Josh - If I were you I would take a look at the S&W M&P compact in 9mm. They are easy to conceal, accurate, have an adjustable grip, great ergonomics and IMHO are very dependable. I'm not sure what price they would be in your neck of the woods but down here in Dallas, I saw one NIB for $475 yesterday.

Another thought would be the HK P2000sk. Very reliable, accurate, good ergonomics, adjustable grip and can be purchased in several different variants depending on your wants. They are around $650 NIB. If you are interested in the HK with the LEM (light DAO) trigger setup, I would rent it and shoot it before you buy. I bought mine spur of the moment and the LEM trigger is taking me some time to get used to. Personally, I think the M&P has a better trigger.

Of course, thats just my .02 worth!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Walther P99 in the full size or the compact should fit your needs. I like the full size myself but wouldn't turn down a compact. At the least you should check them out at a gun store and if at all possible fire one.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    You could try a Sig P239 in .40 (seems to be one of the better shooting .40s out there) or in 9mm. Available in traditional DA/SA, DAO, or the Sig DAK trigger (a 'modern' double-action only with a short reset and restrike capability).

Certified Pre Owned Sig!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by JCook5003 View Post
    So I think I am now in search of a compact or Sub-compact 9mm that has a high capacity....I would also consider compact .40's just not sub-compacts.....

I need a gun that conceals well IWB under just a t-shirt, and I hate Glocks and dont care for the XD's either.....so what do you all recomend for affordable carry? Also not sure I trust the Taurus name FWIW.
    I'm not sure what your definition of "high capacity" is, but if I wanted a slim 9mm for IWB carry under a T shirt, given your constraints above regarding brand and maximum price of $600, I would consider these:

1. Kahr K9 (steel) or P9 (polymer) - these have 7+1 capacity and are very thin (0.90 inch slide width) for easy IWB carry.

2. S&W 3913 (aluminum) - has 8+1 capacity and is also very thin, about 0.90 inches across the slide.

3. S&W M&P compact (polymer) - has 12+1 capacity and is a little thicker than the single stacks above. Here are a couple of Lunde's great photos of this gun:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Look at used stuff.
    Most guns aren't shot much at all.
    A lot more bang for your buck.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member
    CZ Rami sub compact in 9mm. Rami 40 is hit or miss, some people have trouble with them, some don't, mine shoots perfectly, as does my wifes Rami 9mm. They also have toe CZ 75 P-01, one tough gun, it is a compact 9mm. They just brought out the P-06 which is the same gun in .40. I'm going to the gun show this weekend looking for one.

A used Sig.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Full size SIG P226-9mm, or 40S&W. If you buy the P226-40, you can then buy a conversion 9mm barrel to slide right in and have two guns in one. If you buy the P226-9, you can NOT buy a .40S&W barrel - they don't fit.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

VIP Member
    Baby Eagle, though a 10 rnder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links