Glock 36

This is a discussion on Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at a Glock 36 as a pocket gun. Need opinions as most semi auto pocket guns seem to be 9mm or smaller. Will it ...

Thread: Glock 36

Glock 36

Looking at a Glock 36 as a pocket gun. Need opinions as most semi auto pocket guns seem to be 9mm or smaller. Will it work?

Bob

2. Remove Ads

whw
    In the past, the 36 has been the most problematic gun for Glock. A quick Google search will reveal a much higher rate of FTE and FTF malfunctions.
    In addition, I was never able to pocket carry the 36 effectively. If you need a semi auto, look at the Keltec line.

whw

I sold my Glock 36 back to the dealer I bought it from as it was prone to "jamming".

It wasn't me, nor was it the magazines or recoil spring. I used it as payment on a used S&W 686. Also, IMHO it's too big to be a pocket gun unless you're the Jolly Green Giant.

Biker

I have a g36 although I don't carry it as a pocket gun, I carry mine in a Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. and love that setup. I also heard of malfunctions with this model, but mine has worked perfect for me and is usually my carry piece, I sometimes switch to my para slim hawg but that one sometimes jams on the last round in a mag so I don't trust it fully yet. I love my g36 though its very comfortable to carry even while riding my motorcycle, in the ctac. It would be to big for me to pocket carry, I'm not very big.

Administrator
    Mine has been typical Glock Flawless as far as function is concerned.
    I believe that whatever sporadic function related problems the G36 had that those have been worked through and resolved by Glock. Some of the original Glocks had a bit too much "front to rear" play in the magazine well which allowed the magazine to cant a bit and that resulted in some FTF with some G36s.
    I believe that is no longer an issue.
    That being said - as far as being a "pocket gun" - a coat pocket maybe - the 36 still might not be the ideal for the average pocket as it's still a tad bit large for common size pocket carry.
    Just my personal opinion on that.
    It absolutely disappears for OWB and IWB and shoulder carry though and is an extremely easy and light firearm to carry and conceal.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

In my opinion any of the Glock sub compacts would be a bit too large for comfortable pocket carry. I can't fit one in my pocket, UNLESS it is the pocket on a pair of cargo pants or a big jacket/coat. Even if it could be stufffed in the pocket, it would be a bit too heavy for my liking. I carry mine in an IWB M Tac holster, or KD Defender or Comp Tac OWB

I've had my G-36 fo over a year now, and it's never given me any trouble...I do trust as my 'Harley' sidearm...it always goes

Very comfortable for CCW.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was in the market for a G36. I have a thread on my experience with it. I went to the range, and it is a good gun, but the magazine pinches me (pinky finger) when the round feeds. I did not like that at all.

It is to big for pocket carry. I would go with a revolver with 6 shots if I wanted pocket carry. Oh. I did go with a revolver for pocket carry.

Wink

Another satisfied 36er here. Our relationship was strained at one point with mag problems. Once this was straightened out, everything has been 100%. I've had it for over 4 years now - excellent carry gun; I have a Caldwell "Missouri Sick" IWB that works very well, and recently purchased a C-Tac M-Tac for it, but haven't recieved it yet.

The grip is a bit short, but I place my pinky beneath the mag. The recoil is manageable especially with std. loads. I can shoot +P, but takes longer to reacquire the target - I carry std power ammo for this reason. Nice pistol, it has a good home with me. Like the other posters have said, this isn't a pocket gun.

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

Glocks are my favorite autos, but not the 36. I had one for a week until I traded it. It was a POS.

Go figure...my G36 has never failed in 4-5K rnds.

Oh well.

I am now carrying the G29 in 10mm...more rounds...more ft lbs...flatter trajectory...as easy to carry all day.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

my g36 had never been or given me any problems. goes bang when i pull the trigger. no ftf or fte with the gun. i don't limp wrist, so i don't have problems. and i never had any problems with the g36 mags. the g36 is the same size as the g27/g26so it would be a little hard to hide in your pocket. now i not saying it can not be done, just harder than,,, a kel tec p3at. but as a glock goes, there is nothing wrong with the g36.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep my Taurus 445 as it fits in my pocket like a set of keys until I find something that holds a few more rounds. I have a Bersa Thunder 380 that will fit, but I prefer 9mm ,10mm 44 or 45..

Bob

I have owned my G36 for almost a year. I have put over 3,000 rounds throughit. It has operated flawlessy!!!! I love this gun and carry it everywhere I go.

Links