CZ RAMI P: New Owner Yay!

This is a discussion on CZ RAMI P: New Owner Yay! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just an excitement post. I finally got my wife to go to the range with me, we rented a few guns for her to try ...

Thread: CZ RAMI P: New Owner Yay!

CZ RAMI P: New Owner Yay!

Just an excitement post. I finally got my wife to go to the range with me, we rented a few guns for her to try out to see which way to go. We shot an XD and a Sig 226 both in 9mm, a Walther P22 for plinkin, and a S&W airweight .38spl.

She pretty much ruled out the revolver quickly, I didn't think it was so bad, but I guess ~15oz and a medium powered round has decent recoil. After some tips from an instructor at the range, she had success with racking the slide, so auto's were a possibility, especially with some more practice and training.

Afterwards we looked at some more guns, my eye was drawn towards a CZ RAMI, since I had wanted one in the past. She held it, tinkered with it a few seconds and decided that she liked it. So we left, deciding to talk it over and think about it before we made a purchase.

She decided to go with an auto, so I jumped on gunbroker and found a CZ RAMI P stainless from tanners, what a smokin deal!!

This is what we ended up getting: http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86467770

Look forward to a short writeup in the future!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    You should be pleased. The RAMIs might sell even better with a decocker, but I've yet to hear of any problems with people carrying them cocked 'n locked or in DA mode.

Soon, you will be looking for a carry load, holster(s) and grips.

The Mini-Z Rules!

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Congrats...

on the new addition to your family!
    But don't just stop with one...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Rami is one of the true sleepers! Easy to shoot, accurate, conceals well and is not going to cost an arm and a leg! Enjoy!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    on the new addition to your family!
    But don't just stop with one...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    No way! Took me long enough to "convert" her and make her feel comfortable around handguns, this is merely her first of many
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

I agree with the 2075 needing a decocker. I am not a fan of cocked and locked and decocking by pulling the trigger while holding the hammer is an ND waiting to happen.

Until then, the only CZs I would consider for carry are the 75 PCR, the P-01, and the SP-01.

VIP Member
    Congratulations! I'm carrying my CZ75c today, and the smaller RAMI is really tempting.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by Joe R View Post
    I agree with the 2075 needing a decocker. I am not a fan of cocked and locked and decocking by pulling the trigger while holding the hammer is an ND waiting to happen.

Until then, the only CZs I would consider for carry are the 75 PCR, the P-01, and the SP-01.
    I can understand, I too would much rather have a decocker, but it's not enough to make me not buy it!

Speaking of the SP-01, thats next..

VIP Member
    congrats on the RAMI....I assume from the link you got it in 9mm. I have the original steel frame RAMI 40 and wife has the RAMI 9mm, from all the reading I have done on the CZ website I guess I got lucky, have not had any FTF or FTE problems. Not sure why there has been so many problems with the 40's but would be willing to bet it is the same as with the KelTec 40, too many people trying to limp wrist it. Way too much recoil for that small of a gun to limp it. I'm hoping there won't be problems with the new P-06, which I am waiting on to arrive.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Did you buy a P-06 already?? They are hard to come by.
    All reports on them say that they keep true to the P-01s
    good qualities.

CZs in .40 are very accurate. The P-01 has amazing accuracy for a Compact.
    Put the two together and it will be interesting.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Well I got it in yesterday, took it apart and cleaned it up well.

LOL @ the bag full of oil they put the gun in, looks like it was prepped for 50 years of storage in case of a world disaster (good thinking CZ! hehe)..

MAN, this gun is built like a tank. Very impressed by the build quality, the barrel, slide, etc etc..

Trigger pull is kinda heavy, not gritty, but still dry firing (with the included cap) a bunch to smooth it out. Taking it out today to shoot it sometime.

Do they sell springs to lower trigger pull a bit? The SA pull is fine, but it is really hard to shoot the first shot and not shift the gun.

This gun is for my wife so that is even more of an issue. Also, it seems like she may have trouble racking the slide, some practice is in order!

-Garan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by garn View Post
    Trigger pull is kinda heavy, not gritty, but still dry firing (with the included cap) a bunch to smooth it out. Taking it out today to shoot it sometime.

This gun is for my wife so that is even more of an issue. Also, it seems like she may have trouble racking the slide, some practice is in order!

-Garan
    I would buy some better snap caps, although the ones they send with the gun work, the rubberplugs wear quickly.
    As the gun is shot the recoil spring will loosen up and it should become easier to rack the slide. You might also want to have her use a push/pull action to rack the slide. Thats how I taught my wife to do it until her RAMI loosened up.

Links