Pocket Revolver recommendations

This is a discussion on Pocket Revolver recommendations within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm suprised the Ruger SP101 hasn't got any love yet. :)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Revolver recommendations

I'm suprised the Ruger SP101 hasn't got any love yet. :)
    Beretta 92FS

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Long before the light weight versions were common I bought a S&W 640 .357. I like the weight of it when shooting and it hides well.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    I'm suprised the Ruger SP101 hasn't got any love yet. :)
    I would love to have one, and will hopefully get one in the near future. I like the bobbed hammer model with the CT Lasergrips.

For me, it is too big and heavy for front pants pocket carry. It will either be IWB or in a SmartCarry.

My Pocket Gun is a S&W 442.

The 442/642 is IMNSHO the best pocket gun you can carry. It hides better than an autoloader with the proper holster. It is easier to draw from the pocket, and most importantly, it's more reliable.

I have released my magazine on my Kahr PM9 when I've carried it in the pocket. I didn't try to release the magazine, just normal day to day activities caused it to partially eject.

Biker

Distinguished Member
    +1 S&W 340 m&p , i love the front night sight on it , and you would to . but it is a little pricey .

Another +1 for the Smith & Wesson 642!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

442 or 642, but I do love the feel and look of the M&P 340. You cannot go wrong with a S&W snub. I have an NAA Guardian 380, in a Mika Holster...I like it, but I find myself wanting a snubby more and more. A .45 is next though, HEHE.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I use a Ruger SP101 in 357 mag as my BUG. It fits inside of a Galco pocket holster and probally heavier than some, but I like it. I keep it full of 125 gr. Golden Sabers.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

My 442 is with me more than anything else. For most of the year it's pocket carry in a Mika, IWB as the weather changes.

I ordered my first revolver about a week ago. A S&W 442. I was looking at the 340's, but with no interest of firing full power .357 loads it would be a waste of money at $700+. I've already received the CTC LG-405 grips for it from OpticsPlanet, and a Galco Horsehide fromt pocket holster from copsplus. I also have another pocket holster on the way from a guy on ar15.com.

I figure this 442 with CTC grips will be the ultimate backup gun for my S&W M&P45 that I carry daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I use a Ruger SP101 in 357 mag as my BUG. It fits inside of a Galco pocket holster and probally heavier than some, but I like it. I keep it full of 125 gr. Golden Sabers.
    Thanks for all the info folks got me some studying to do now. The one link on the Ruger SP101 in 357 that I found had it at 8 inchs OAL that can not be right that would make it huge. Do you have the correct specs for it?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    Although I have only had it about a month, I have found the Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in .44 Special to be easy to carry and comfortable in the pocket. As soon as Kevin (K&D) gets my holsters done (probably 10 or 12 more weeks) I expect it to become my favorite pocket gun. It has a 2.5" barrel which is just the right length to put the grip just below the top of the pocket for me.

I have not had an opportunity to shoot it a lot, but I got comfortable with it very quickly and for a snubby it is quite accurate.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links