Glock Pocket gun.....

Glock Pocket gun.....

This is a discussion on Glock Pocket gun..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry if this is too close to the other pocket gun thread, but I feel my discussion is diffrent. Right now I am seriously looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Pocket gun.....

Glock Pocket gun.....

Sorry if this is too close to the other pocket gun thread, but I feel my discussion is diffrent. Right now I am seriously looking to get a nice little pocket gun. I often wear gym style pants around. Gym pants have no way of holding up any of my Sigs. However all my gym pants have large pockets some even have large cargo pockets. I really like the idea of just being able to throw something in my pocket and go. And a compact Glock would suit my needs perfectly; light, high cap, reliable, and price. I need help with the model G26, G27, G30?

I am leaning toward the G26 to add a 9mm to my collection, cheap ammo. and weight?

Open to suggestions, thanks in advance.

The weight might be excessive

Your gym style pants probably have some sort of elastic waistband to keep them up, rather than belt loops to attach a belt. And you said they won't support a Sig, which is understandable since loaded Sigs probably weigh 30 ounces or more (such as a P239 or P228).

A subcompact Glock, such as the G26, weighs about 21 ounces empty and perhaps 25 ounces loaded with 10 rounds of 9mm. Although it may fit in the large pockets you mention, will the beltless pants stay on your waist with that kind of weight in a pocket?

I have experimented with carrying a Kahr MK9 in a pocket - a small steel gun that weighs about 26 ounces loaded. Although the pocket easily covers the entire gun, the weight will pull the pants down unless you have a sturdy, stiff belt firmly cinched to hold your pants up. I would think the G26 would do likewise unless you can use a good belt or suspenders on the pants you describe.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    I pocket a g27 pretty often. I only pocket it when I wear cargo pants, since the pockets on them are pretty big. I'm talking about the regular pockets......I don't put anything in the cargo pockets. It works good, I do think that my belt helps keep my pants up due to the weight of the gun. It's not a lot of weight but the constant pull down, and walking, might tend to pull my pants down a little. So elastic top may be a problem? Like other guns the g27 is very light while empty, but when you load it up with ammo it gets noticeably heavier.

I can say that the g27 and pocket carry works for me, I'm sure you'd have the same results with a g26.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I don't see gym pants supporting the weight of a G26 or G27. You'd need a BIG pocket and secure waist band, something with a belt. If you want a pocket gun, consider a Keltec. They make a 9mm that might meet your needs, it is lighter than the Glocks.

I currently carry a G26 and couldn't be happier with it. I usually dump it in a coat pocket in the cold months. The rest of the time I carry it in a Galco IWB. The guys are correct here in stating that the subcompact Glocks are very light but with the pants you like to wear I think you'll find that you'll really need some kind of belt to help out... think you'll just be more comfortable this way. By all means go with the one of the Glocks though. They sure aren't an attractive firearm but I think this is a bonus. You won't ever be worried about scratching it or babying it so you'll ALWAYS carry it.

I can carry a loaded S&W 642 in my gym shorts no problem, but I don't know about a Glock. It might be a bit too heavy and bulky.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Heck, get a G27 and a 9mm conversion barrel. Use your 9mm ammo for practice! Lone Wolf and Storm Lake both make a nice one for under $100 and they work wonderfully.

HK Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Thanks for all the input. My gym pants do have a drawstraing that supplements the elastic, I am pretty confident they will support the weight of the gun. I am thinking the 27 with the barrel conversion kit is a good idea. How reliable is the conversion?

VIP Member
    The Glock is a little large for pocket carry, but if you can make it work you'll have a great gun with you.

The conversion is great as long as you never mismatch your magazines and barrel. Make sure you use the 40 mags with the 40 barrel and 9mm mags with that barrel. Some people have accidentally put the wrong mag into the gun and that can cause some problems.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The conversion has been 100% reliable. I have one in a G35 USPSA gun for practice, and since I started shooting it everyone that I know has bought one. 2 guys are using them in G27s and they are as reliable as the gun is with .40 when using WWB. If you handload, you have to load to the upper range of power or it won't cycle the heavier .40 slide very well.

You will need 9mm mags to make it reliable. The .40 mags will feed, but you may have occassional misfeeds due to the larger mag lips.

You will not need to change the extractor or ejector, despite warnings to the contrary.

Stick to Storm Lake or Lone Wolf, with Storm Lake being my favorite.

Hope that helps! 2 guns in one package is always nice.
    HK Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    +1 on HK Dan's idea.

I have had 100% reliability with the Lone Wolf Dist. conversion bbl in my Glock 22. I'm very pleased with it.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Although I personally cringe at the though, perhaps Smart Carry is the way to go for wearing gym shorts.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

If you are interested, I am thinking about making a pocket holster for a Glock 26/27/33.

My wife has a 26 that I can use to mold the holster to it.

Steve

I love my G-26 and would not trade it. It is perfect for pocket carry and you always feel adequately armed with the large capacity.

A Glock? In a holster? In your pocket?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links