An Early Christmas Present For...ME!!!

This is a discussion on An Early Christmas Present For...ME!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; WOW! I found a new CC yesterday that I ordinarily wouldn't buy. This little laddie is BEAUTIFUL, and I took him home for a song ...

Thread: An Early Christmas Present For...ME!!!

An Early Christmas Present For...ME!!!

WOW! I found a new CC yesterday that I ordinarily wouldn't buy. This little laddie is BEAUTIFUL, and I took him home for a song (actually, about $385). It is used, but retails for about $800, so you do the math.

As usual, you pay for a name (that's why I've yet to dump a ton on a new Colt...just too much cash).

Meet my new Ten Ultra II. Try not to drool on your keyboard, pals.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

2. Remove Ads

Well Merry Christmas to you !
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

JD
    Administrator

With dramatic flourish and the sound of somebody breaking wind, I completely flubbed that post. My Photobucket skills never fail to fail. And I notice that I didn't take pictures where you could read "Kimber" or "Ultra Ten II". Sorry in advance...

Incidentally, the Galco holster is off the shelf and very comfortable. Apologies to the custom hoster makers that frequent our site, but I simply didn't want to wait (I'm certain ya'll are swamped this time of year)

Here we go... (too embarrassed to do more than slink off, I'll thank you for a second look, folks!).

Attached Images
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

JD
    Administrator
    Much better!

That's a slick little number you got there, Looks like Golden Sabers and a Galco Concealable Belt holster?

Senior Moderator
    Nice
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

JD,

I edited my second post simultaneously since your last and we crossed electrons. You were right on the money about the Galco holster and the Golden Saber ammo. Remind me to never run 'Gun Jeopardy' with you.

It is very nice to know that I've got a smaller weapon in a larger caliber. I still LOVE the P229 SAS. However, though it was designed for CC, it is sometimes still too big.

I'll shoot this today and get back to you on the results. One thing...it was FILTHY when I bought it...like maybe NEVER cleaned. I learned the woes of a double-spring bushingless barrel last night (damned tricky, I'll tell you, though I'm sure that'll get easier with practice). Everything seems solid and undamaged, even with the filth of days gone by removed for close inspection. My gunsmith agreed, and he's not the guy I bought if from, so...we'll see!

Nice find.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

JD
    Administrator
    Scot, if you didn't get the actual tool (small wire like tool with a 90 degree bend to go in the guide rod) or manual, just email Kimber's customer service and they'll send you them free. In the mean time if you don't have the factory tool just straighten out a paper clip and use that.

Great find Scot!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Scot, if you didn't get the actual tool (small wire like tool with a 90 degree bend to go in the guide rod) or manual, just email Kimber's customer service and they'll send you them free. In the mean time if you don't have the factory tool just straighten out a paper clip and use that.
    Figures Kimber has something more appropriate than my paper clip! I'd never have gotten it if somebody hadn't showed me. Live and learn.

Links