Opinions on SIG's for a CCW

This is a discussion on Opinions on SIG's for a CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig 239...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opinions on SIG's for a CCW

Sig 239

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    I started carrying the 220 carry sig yesterday after grabbing a like new used one [ had one box through it, I know the customer ] for a ridiculously low price with factory night sights. [ 520.00 out the door ].

I wear an untucked T almost everyday here in Az. I didn't have a holster for it, so I went home and tried my service model OWB holster for the xd 45, and it fits the 220 carry like a glove.

With this holster, it conceals as well as my g19 that I've carried for a year or more. No problem with the 220 carry under a loose T with the right holster, even an OWB holster, the IWB's would be even better at concealment.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    My EDC is 226 - but 220 or 228 will suit too - this is however OWB with easy concealment options.

I agree with JD re the 239 - it has to be your best choice IMO for your decribed useage.
    Chris.right on the money with what you're saying.....The P239 is a great choice.......and it's coming out in 45 ACP soon too
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I choose the 229 in 9mm, and sold a Glock to help fund it.

Boy am I happy!

With a Galco "Concealable" OWB, just about any cover shirt hides it reasonably.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

I just bought another one. My latest is a CPO P225, comparable in size to the current P239 I think. It vanishes under a partially tucked T-shirt. Perfect deep cover gun/ BUG/ run out to the mailbox gun. I think I now have a Sig for every occasion.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    The P239 is a great choice.......and it's coming out in 45 ACP soon too
    Where did you hear this? Any additional info? Thanks.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

SIGs for CCW

I routinely carry any one of my 3 SIGs:239,229SAS and 220Full Size.Here in Tampa Fl,we are almost always in light shirts only and I've had no problems "hiding" any of the SIGs.The 239 is the smallest of the 3.

I carry a Sig 220 regardless of weather. You can conceal just about anything with a little thought given to attire.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

The sights are always aligned, you are out of alignment

I carry, 24/7, a SIG P226, with 20x9mm magazine and 2-spare magazines (fully-loaded).
    My holster of choice is a DeSantis Right-Hand "Sky Cop" (068BA80Z0).
    This is the sweetest of combinations.
    On selecting a pistol the first thing and probably only thing that counts is how it behaves in-the-hand and the acid test is how many bullets you can achieve in-and-around Zone A or the bull.
    Here, in the Holy Land, we are only allowed to own one hand-gun for personal protection and if "one needs to call-the-shots" one only has one-chance!
    I spend 20% of the day driving, 30% seated at a desk and the rest of the time out and about.
    1-full day a week I am out "in the field" and 1/2-day a week in conferences/lectures.
    I practice one-a-month at a firing range (approximately 100-150 rounds) under supervision of (an ex-IDF pistol marksman) trainer and hope-to-God, if-needs-must, I will do the necessary!
    My gun club, in Jerusalem, gives the purchaser the opportunity to try a range of 9mm pistols (hand guns) and I settled on the Sig Sauer P226 against all comers - that it is Single Action and Dual Action, capable of holding 20x9mm magazine, used by the US Navy Seals since the 1980s, was very secondary against actual target achievement against all comers FOR ME !
    Thereafter, the choice of holster was again by way of usage.

PS Choice of the DeSantis SKY COP holster was not for concealed carry - basically convenience in all MY situations.

I've carried both the P239 and P229 (separate times, of course)...concealed with a t-shirt without a problem printing. However, the other part you need to consider is the holster/belt combo. If you don't have a good gear setup, you'll start fidgeting with your gun. P239 is a nice little package to carry, but I shoot the P229 much better (mostly because I've carried/shot it longer)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Thank you for your post HarryO. You really surprised me by writing that in Jerusalem your only able to own 1 handgun. I would have thought that one could own as many as one wanted to. You sure popped my bubble. I've been led to understand that everyone owned many guns there.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Sigs for carry

When I first posted on this thread 4 years ago I recommended a Sig P239 for carry, although I didn't own one yet. Since then I bought a P239 in 9mm and would still recommend it as a carry gun. I also bought the compact .45 version of the Sig, the model P245, shown below next to the P239. It is also an excellent choice and only slightly larger than the P239. I carry the P239 in a DeSantis belt scabbard holster as shown.

Like the Israeli poster above, I also have a Sig P226 in 9mm. But I do not carry this gun because it is fairly large and harder to conceal than the single stack P239 shown. If concealment were not an issue, however, the P226 would certainly give you more ammo capacity and a longer barrel to work with. As a civilian gun carrier in the US I am more likely to need a gun to defend against one or maybe two robbers than the multiple terrorists one might encounter in Israel.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links