Walther PPS 9MM is the One!!

This is a discussion on Walther PPS 9MM is the One!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have never posted an endorsement before but I am compelled to share some experience. I have carried for almost 30 years. The number of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walther PPS 9MM is the One!!

I have never posted an endorsement before but I am compelled to share some experience. I have carried for almost 30 years. The number of guns and dollars spent to get it "right" for various clothing/seasonal/social situations is unbelievable (enjoyable but costly!). I now have a Seecamp.32, Colt Officers, S&W 442 and the new PPS.
    This PPS is visually unnoticable when I wear a silk untucked shirt and slacks. It is so light and comfortable. I can sit in chair without having to shift my postion, or have the gun print. I am using a Don Hume belt slide holster. So far I have put 700 rounds,FMJ and Speer Gold Dot wthout a FFE. The Officers .45 ACP has been my companion for over 20 years (My Trijicon sights were recently replaced due to finally fading!). The ease and comfort of the PPS, however, has caused me to switch.

Great News......my local gun store just got some of the black ones in and I am going in this morning to look and feel one. If I like it I am bringing it home with me.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Pictures?

I will post the "final four" sometime today. The Officers was one of the first ones out in the '80's and I had extensive work done to it to make it absolutely perfect. AS an FYI, the felt recoil in the PPS is greater than my Officers (steel version).

i really like that gun. glad to hear it's working good for you

Agreed! It's a great little gun that seems to do everything right. Don't leave home without it!
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

I got one today, havn't had a chance to shoot it yet. Here is a pic beside my Kahr PM9 for size comparison for those that are interested. It is a bit thinner than the Kahr also. I like it so far
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    I got one today, havn't had a chance to shoot it yet. Here is a pic beside my Kahr PM9 for size comparison for those that are interested. It is a bit thinner than the Kahr also. I like it so far
    What makes it better than the Kahr? I have a Kahr and love it. The PPS looks to be significantly bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    What makes it better than the Kahr? I have a Kahr and love it. The PPS looks to be significantly bigger.
    It's a Walther

But which has the better TRIGGER? The PPS looks pretty flat to carry (but not very..pretty).
    What Would Gumby Do?

Wow! I did not even know about the PPS in 9mm. I was planning on getting a Kahr PM9 or MK9. Now I see the pretty walther PPS.

Hivoltage - definitely would like to hear a range report from you regarding the PM9 v the PPS 9.

New Member Array PolizeiPistoleSchmal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ropinghorns View Post
    Pictures?
    See my avatar, that is the PPS. My screen name is what PPS stands for in German. The English transalation is "Police Pistol Slim".

Is there any leather holsters out there for it yet?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

New Member Array PolizeiPistoleSchmal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Wow! I did not even know about the PPS in 9mm. I was planning on getting a Kahr PM9 or MK9. Now I see the pretty walther PPS.

Hivoltage - definitely would like to hear a range report from you regarding the PM9 v the PPS 9.
    PPS is not in the same size class as a PM9. It is not what I would consider a pocket gun, but rather a very versatile weapon that caters to people who want PM9 thinness, Walther reliability, the ability to have a home defense weapon, compact and subcompact pistol all in one package. The three variable sized mags, interchangeable back straps and picatinny rail allow this to happen.

If you like the slimmer Glock 36, then you should check out the PPS (for ergonomic reasons, there is not PPS .45 caliber).

Mini Range Report:

I put 100 rounds of WWB through it and was maintaining 3" groups at 7 to 10 yards and I am in no way considered a good shot. I had one FTE. I did not clean or lube the pistol prior to or during the session.

I have been hunting for the perfect combination and have finally found it in the Walther PPS.

I have a Walther PPS 1st Edition #40. It has eaten everything I have put through it. The max. width is 1.04 at the slide release, the rest of the gun .90 thick. Nice clean trigger, with the extra release paddle in front of the regular tigger (ala Glock). Mine came with 6, 7, & 8 round mags for varying degrees of concealability. The six round requires the pinkie finger to hang off the edge of the handle .

It has the ergos & feel of a downsized service gun, hence (Police Pistol Slim). Unlike other compacts, this gun is easy to shoot because of the angular design of the gun.

I know of a couple of holster manufacturers making models for the PPS. I you like ballistic quilted nylon, & immediate delivery, Planet holster has an IWB or belt-mounted model on E-bay. If you mention my name "Gene" they should give you a discount (no, I don't work for them, just a customer).

If the customer leather version is you choice, K&D is making them.
    www.kdholsters.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links