XS sights

This is a discussion on XS sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would go ahead and wait the 24 hours, if I were you. I shot too soon and the front sight worked loose and flew ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: XS sights

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I would go ahead and wait the 24 hours, if I were you. I shot too soon and the front sight worked loose and flew off. I never did find that one.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

2. Remove Ads

Going to go pick my G30 up in about an hour :)
    Big Dots should be here sometime next week. Will get them installed and then take her out for a range test

I have been using the Big Dot 24/7 on a Glock 34 for the last six months. I use this gun to shoot IDPA and they have been great for my old eyes.
    I found I really don't worry too much about the rear sight and just get the big dot in the kill area.

I have also slowed down and shot out to 40 yards and had no problem getting all good hits.

Quote Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
    Janq,
    From your post it looks like you are a non-horizontal type sights person. The 3 dots are slower for me and confuse the brain as I focus on one of the rears sights. You had some experience with the U-notch but I am a bit confused.

Did you like it compared to the big dot?
    STGDZ,

Yes, it seems upon recent results and opportunities I have discovered that I too am not a horizontal type/3 dot sights brained person either.
    I would not have guessed this prior and hod not thought much about it up to roughly 2 weeks ago when I had opportunity to use a Warren Tactical sight. But now as of a few days ago when my XS arrived my brain is sold. This sight for me works well and is easier, as based on my to date dry fire efforts and use.
    Range work will come soon and I'll have pics of my targets with details be it good, bad, or same as conventional.

BTW I posted my review as it's own stand alone thread so as to not jack this one...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...tml#post655291

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links