Glock Safety lock

This is a discussion on Glock Safety lock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about getting a new Glock. My Question is this: Do all Glock's come with the Safety Lock? Or is that an add ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Safety lock

Glock Safety lock

I am thinking about getting a new Glock. My Question is this: Do all Glock's come with the Safety Lock? Or is that an add on Feature?

thanks,

Johnny

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't know what you mean by safety lock. If you're talking about the lock that looks like a cable with a padlock on the end- they all have them. All guns have to come with a lock.

If you're talking about a safety, Glocks don't come with them. There are after
    market devices you can install. But Glock only comes with the three passive safety devices that are a part of the pistol design. You pick it up and pull the trigger, it will go bang.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I'm talking about the located back of the pistol Grip.
    Last edited by johnnyrigger; December 9th, 2007 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Better description

VIP Member
    I think you're talking about a grip safety. If so, Glocks don't have that. They are standard on 1911s and Springfield XDs. They may be on other guns, but I'm not aware of them.

I assume you're talking about the bump on the back of this grip?
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The safety is the 'double' trigger. The holster (should) cover the trigger. As long as the index finger is kept outside of the trigger guard, there is little danger of an AD.
    At first I did not like the idea of not having an independent safety, but now it is one less thing to worry about in a stressful situation.

I believe the OP is referring to a lock meant to secure the firearm, in the empty space behind the mag in the grip, like what new Taurus pistols have, among some others. It's listed as an option in the back of the Glock product brochure, but no, it they don't all come with them. In fact, I've never even seen a glock with one. I believe they may be aftermarket options.

Btw, I love my G19, buy with confidence and enjoy whatever Glock you settle on!
    .40 is fine.

http://www.glock.com/english/safetypack_lock.htm

Safety Lock
    Lock your GLOCK pistol with the only safety cylinder lock for pistols worldwide. The GLOCK safety lock when engaged prevents firing and disassembling of the GLOCK pistol.

that is off the glock website. I am still trying to decide what one i want. but im thinking about the G19, G26, G23, G27, this will be my primary CW. But i am in the Army which means move a lot so i would like to lock the weapon so no one and " play " with it when it is going through the airlines check points.

Oh, no.......

Now I have to hurry up and buy every Glock model that I want, before they make this silly lock mandatory.

NO locks on any of my guns. Period.

Johnnyrigger, you are required to put your handgun in a locked case in checked luggage, unloaded and separate from ammo anyway. The only people who may fiddle with it are the TSA agents when they check bags before they go in the cargo hold.

IMHO, the Glock's beauty is in its simplicity. No need to booger that up with an unnecessary lock. The lock on a Glock will never fail if it's not there to begin with.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

wow ok... dose any one know how that lock works?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrigger View Post
    http://www.glock.com/english/safetypack_lock.htm

Safety Lock
    Lock your GLOCK pistol with the only safety cylinder lock for pistols worldwide. The GLOCK safety lock when engaged prevents firing and disassembling of the GLOCK pistol.

that is off the glock website. I am still trying to decide what one i want. but im thinking about the G19, G26, G23, G27, this will be my primary CW. But i am in the Army which means move a lot so i would like to lock the weapon so no one and " play " with it when it is going through the airlines check points.
    Thats been around for a while. It is for other markets, not the US. Maybe it is available as an add-on, but it isn't standard.

Some European Countries insist that such a lock is built into the firearm, Greece was the one that started the concept. You can order the lock with any new GLOCK or you can order it as an aftermarket add on.
    I have only ever seen it an one GLOCK and persoally speaking it's not for me.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, pass me my vest!

Some states in the US are or will be adopting those locks. If your state is anal about stuff like this it is likely you will see them next year. I also heard they will be more standared on the 4th gen's (whenever those come out) to the states that want them on the Glocks.

This can still be gotten around by buying online from states that don't or will not require them I think. I would bet that the NY, MD, WI, IL, CA, commie states will be the adopting states for sure.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    No the only ones that do is the safty package ones. I like the glock mag locks

Don't lock the Glock...if you must, put the loaded Glock in a locked safe...

Stay armed...be prepared...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    It's my understanding that certain states require them, but otherwise they are available to dealers by request. I could be wrong, so take that for what it's worth. Either way, I wouldn't want one. More parts equals greater chance of mistakes/failures. Go with the normal version if it's available to you. Just my opinion.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links