CZ 75 home defense???

CZ 75 home defense???

This is a discussion on CZ 75 home defense??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this is a lot like another thread going on now but this one is specifically about the CZ. I've been looking at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 home defense???

CZ 75 home defense???

I know this is a lot like another thread going on now but this one is specifically about the CZ. I've been looking at the CZ75 stainless as a home defense gun. 9mm son cheep to shoot, 15 rounds so plenty of firepower, big and heavy so I'm guessing recoil isn't bad. Opinions?? Any one know anything about reliability??

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    This is an exceptionally good handgun. Jeff Cooper called it the only double action he would trust. Get it, practice a lot and feel very good about your purchase. Go to CDNN and get 4 high cap mags, keep two loaded alll the time. You are good to go. Get 4 brands of ammo try them and load up the one that shoots to point of aim.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I actually carry one. They are very heavy but accurate pistols. CZs are not known for their perfect triggers but I hear they smooth out fine after a few hundred rounds. (I bought mine used and it is fine for me)

If possible purchase the B model. I have the A model which is nice but is much harder to find some things for it, such as magazines and holsters. (found this out after I purchased spare mags) Also the B model has a firing pin block as well as a decocker while the A is designed to be carried much like a 1911

As far as reliability, mine runs everything I put through it. (WWB, Federal, Bear mostly) From what I understand some of the older CZs had problems with their extractors being a bit on the weak side, but that has since been corrected.

All in all they are excellent pistols for the cash and will serve you well.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    I know this is a lot like another thread going on now but this one is specifically about the CZ. I've been looking at the CZ75 stainless as a home deffense gun. 9mm son cheep to shoot, 15 rounds so [lenty of firepower, big and heavy so I'm guessing recoil isn't bad. Opinions?? Any one know anything about reliability??

...so hurry up and get it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've got a IDI Baby Eagle which is the same design. It's a great gun I love it and the trigger. Mine is the house gun with a Streamlight M-6 flashlight/laser mounted under the barrell with an adapter. If I had one with a polymer frame I'd probably be uuusing it was my carry gun. It's really not that much different then my Sig carry gun.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    CZs are great guns. I think they are the most underrated pistol on the market. I personally carried a CZ 75 clone (IMI Baby Eagle 941fs) for a ccw gun for quite a while, and had it's big brother (the 941f) at home as a home defense gun. I would, and did, trust my life to them. Get some experience with them first hand instead of just going by our opinions, but since you asked, I like them more than any other steel framed pistol I ever shot. I think they are very adequate as a home defense pistol.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

G&G
    I carry a CZ75 BD and shoot it once a week at IDPA. A conservative estimate would be that I have 2K rounds through it now. No FTF or FTE. It goes on the night stand when I go to bed. Very comfortable to hold. Accurate. Dependable. Affordable. It's a great pistol. You won't be disappointed.
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

CZs are fine pistols. If you are unfamiliar with the manual of arms for a CZ75/CZ75B consider buying a CZ75 BD. The CZ75/CZ75B pistols require rote skills for safe handling, they are tricky to decock until you are used to it. Regards, Richard

Administrator
    I wouldnt hesitate to buy a CZ. Its already been said here, but CZ's are the most underrated pistols out there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I carry a CZ75C as one of my EDC's - love it and would not trade it for the world

My CZ75B has been utterly reliable even when I haven't cleaned it between range sessions. I would trust it without question as a home defense firearm.

I have fired thousands of rounds through CZ 85b(75b with ambidextrous safety) and CZ SP-01 with flawless function. The only malfunction I have ever seen with one was a first time shooter who had an extremely loose grip/limp wrist on the gun and it stove piped. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it!

I put at least 50 rounds through mine once a month. Only one problem ever when a friend shot it and the safety worked loose. I fixed it no problem. I also carry it. If you get it I think you'll find it's a great piece.

VIP Member
    I own 4 CZ's. 2 RAMI's one in 40 the other is 9mm. The 40 RAMI is my summer carry gun. Also have 2 75's a P-01 9mm and a P-06 40 cal, that I just picked up tonight. Have it cleaned and it will be going to the range after work tomorrow. If it preforms as expected, it will replace my P-01 as my primary cool weather gun.

CZ 75 home defense???
    It's a very good firearm. If you are looking for a reliable, high-capacity 9mm semi-auto pistol with a solid history, the CZ 75 series should be on the short list.

I opted to go a bit more compact, purchasing a pair of CZ P01's. Highly accurate, highly reliable, can handle the stoutest 9mm rounds (ie, DoubleTap JHP +P). I can basically choose whatever pistol I want to carry, and this was the one. It also doubles as the HD gun.

Ditto on the sentiment that they are one of the most underrated guns on the market.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links