Questions for Sig fans...SAS or not?

This is a discussion on Questions for Sig fans...SAS or not? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never been a big fan of Sigs, due to the extra weight relative to others. Went to local shop today and dry fired a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Sig fans...SAS or not?

Questions for Sig fans...SAS or not?

I've never been a big fan of Sigs, due to the extra weight relative to others. Went to local shop today and dry fired a P239 DA/SA and it was one sweet trigger pull. Beats the action on my H&K. I am now considering buying a Sig for my next gun, leaning towards a P220 Carry.

Is it worth getting the SAS model? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I'm new to SIG also. Always swore by Glock, but had to have something for me in 45acp. I went for the P220R-TSS-SAO. Simply wonderful! Weight? Not an issue comparing to others. I've tried several SIG pistols---especially the DA/SA and for the life of me, can't operate the decocker in an acceptable manner for myself. Nice trigger pull on this one too, and since I am used to the reset of the Glock trigger, I think this one will shoot just as well if not better than my full size Glocks---(for a 45 that is).

If you can afford the SAS, go for it. I'm a big fan of SIGs, but not quite sure I'd drop the extra $$ for SAS. Fine weapon either way.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I love my P239 SAS with the DAK. No problem with carry weight. Looking to expand the family with a 229 SAS in the next couple of years if I can find a used one somewhere down the line. Both in .40S&W.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

Administrator
    They look great, they shoot great... but I'm not so sure they are worth the extra price. I prefer the plain jane models... I can afford them if thats what I want, but the plain versions work just as well for me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    The SAS (SIG Anti Snag) is purdy but to be honest, my P-220R Carry DA/SA doesn't snag! I carry it IWB in a VM-II. So the SAS is purely looks to me.

I have 5 P-220's, 2 of which are SAS/DAK's, and my favorite one of the bunch is the P-220R Carry! I like DA/SA.

The SAS/DAK version has the advantage of a consistent, deliberate DA trigger pull shot to shot. No de cocking. It too is a good CCW platform but it's really a personal choice.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks for the replies.

Any you guys try out an Elite model with SRT (Short Reset Trigger)?

Administrator
    I've shot a few and they are very nice. I still prefer the regular model, and I'll add the SRT if I want it. I did this on my 220 and 228, I really like the SRT. You can buy the parts yourself for about $30.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Sixto is the first person I've ever "known" that did the SRT, so I can't have any opinion other than to say I'm always tempted to do it to one of my Sigs just to see how I like it.

As for the SAS, it is nice looking, but you don't need it. If you have the money to spend to the point that you wouldn't really notice that you dropped the extra money, then do it if you want. But if you're on any sort of budget at all, go ahead and skip the SAS treatment.

Sigs do weigh more than the plastic guns. When I made the change from Glock I thought it was going to be something I'd notice and be bothered by. But honestly, it hasn't made any difference at all. I think people that carry guns tend to be like backpackers, we get really caught up in a few ounces and try hard to minimize weight. But in actuality it doesn't matter all that much. When taken in relation to your body weight, the different weight is negligible.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The day I bought my P229 SAS was the last day I had to look for a refined ccw. True, it is bulky, but when you shoot that baby, you'll know where the extra money went. The grip alone, while modeled for a large hand, is almost as comfy as my La-z-boy.

I respectfully submit to you that you should buy the gun. You won't regret it. I prefer the DOA of the 229 vs. 239, but you should ask Sixto about the specifics for each...he's a whiz when it comes to Sig.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I have the 40 cal 239 sas,love the handgun but dislike the dak trigger(although I am used to it now).Deadly accurate little handgun,functions flawlessly and doesn't snag when carried in jacket or sports coat pocket like other non sas sigs.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno3 View Post
    I have the 40 cal 239 sas,love the handgun but dislike the dak trigger(although I am used to it now).Deadly accurate little handgun,functions flawlessly and doesn't snag when carried in jacket or sports coat pocket like other non sas sigs.
    I've never had a non SAS snag on anything... I've carried both a 228 and 239 in just about every way one could. I dont think the SAS is a bad idea to have, I just question if its worth the extra price.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have the P239 40 DAO and the P229 40, I like both and never had any problems with them. I like the P239 better as I have small hands and the single stack works better for me then the double stack.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've never had a non SAS snag on anything... I've carried both a 228 and 239 in just about every way one could. I dont think the SAS is a bad idea to have, I just question if its worth the extra price.
    The edges of the non sas 228 tears the inside pockets of sports jacket,when not using a pocket holster and snags the inside pocket of leather jacket. SAS model is snag free everywhere and draws much faster because of this,for me anyway,when not using a holster.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno3 View Post
    The edges of the non sas 228 tears the inside pockets of sports jacket,when not using a pocket holster and snags the inside pocket of leather jacket. SAS model is snag free everywhere and draws much faster because of this,for me anyway,when not using a holster.
    Thats great if it works for you, more power to ya. I dont carry in pockets without a holster, so you got me there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links