Pocket Guns! - Page 4

Pocket Guns!

This is a discussion on Pocket Guns! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A pocket gun is the Beretta Jetfire or the .22 ls models, the Kel-tec 32/380 nor any gun that is the same size. You must ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pocket Guns!

A pocket gun is the Beretta Jetfire or the .22 ls models, the Kel-tec 32/380 nor any gun that is the same size. You must make sure the gun will go bang every time you pull the trigger.

frankmako

I started pocket gun carry with my Ruger SP-101 2.5" hammerless then moved into the autopistol market with the Kel-Tec P-11 in 9mm but have now chosen the Taurus PT-145. They all feel the same in my pockets so I want the largest bullet possible and one that is the same as my primary CCW, since it is also my BUG.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Pocket gun

I carry an Air weight J-frame in a Kramer pocket holster or in the waist band at this time.But I have a Kahr CW9 comeing so I can have a little flatter gun.But I still carry my Full size gun all the time.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Kel Tec p-11 in front pants pocket. Works well in cargo pants or dress slacks with pocket holster.

VIP Member
    I owned a 1st generation Kel-Tec P3AT and it was horrible. Sold it, but a few months later, just couldn't resist and bought a 2nd generation P3AT. Just put 100 rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly AND it was pretty accurate at 5 to 7 yards.

My first carry gun, S&W 642 J-frame, is now my BUG/ Pocket or ankle & secondary carry gun. Money was tight when I needed to get my permit and carry weapon (still is) and the weather was hot. I decided that the best value and reliability I could afford at the time was a S&W revolver in .38spl +P. To date I haven't had any functional problems with the idiot lock or recoil related "Jump Crimp" issues but I much prefer the .45ACP as a round and its platform (in the venerable 1911).

I still carry the little guy when I can't manage concealment with the 1911 but two things demanded I upgrade to a .45 auto: Reload speed (I have some dexterity limitations in my left hand that make plucking spent brass from the cylinder slow and difficult) and the rise in multiple attackers lately. Not to long ago a deliveryman was jumped by 5 guys at a downtown college campus, they killed him for $40, his car and some fried rice. That type of scenario is happening more and more often lately.

Seems Nashville, and my neighborhood in particular, are getting more dangerous each day so I want every advantage I can get. I'd like o snag a Colt Mustang or NAA Guardian in .380 at some point for the slimmer profile but for now the 642 fills the need.
    Jack

I started with a sig p230 then a smaller colt pocketlite 380. I wanted more power so I got a s&w 340 pd .357. If I have a untuckted shirt I will allways carry mt ultra carry .45 acp

I have been carrying Tomcat Inox. Little chunky in the grip but has been very reliable no FTF/FTE. Shoots to POA and not to finicky about ammo. Read regularly that some have had problems with TomCat... I may be a lucky one. Fits comfortably in back pocket or front of 502's.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Gideon, you may want to consider the Day Planner style method at Master of Concealment (http://masterofconcealment.com/pgrou...gory_id%3D106).

As for me, the Vegas heat makes concealment difficult. I realy don't want to carry a 32, as I'm not very comfortable. A 380 might work, but I already have to store 2 calbers, 9mm and 45, I don't want a 3, at least hand gun caliber. I originally got a Glock 26, but I decided that it was too large. I then got a Kel-tec P11, but I hate the trigger pull, and I didn't find it to be very reliable (I have a Kel-tec rant in another thread, so I won't repeat it here). Once my CCW finally arrived, I needed to find a solution. I found that the Glock 26, in a Nemesis pocket holster works fine. The size did not turn out to be as big a problem as I had originally thought. I may eventually get the Kahr, but I like the 12 +1 capacity ( I use 12 round magazines that have the extension already in place, rather that the grip extension). And I carry a spare magazine on a horizontal magazine carrier. I'm looking forward to cooler weather when I can use an IWB with a vest to cover.

I have been carrying a NAA Guardian in .32acp. Nice little pistol and it's very comfy in a Galco UDC holster.

VIP Member
    I just acquired a Taurus 905 CH (concealed hammer) DAO 9mm revolver....it a little thumper of a gun (recoil more IMHO than a .38 SPL +P round in a gun of equal size/weight). It has pocket gun potential....or better yet, a coat/jacket pocket gun.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    I just acquired a Taurus 905 CH (concealed hammer) DAO 9mm revolver....it a little thumper of a gun (recoil more IMHO than a .38 SPL +P round in a gun of equal size/weight). It has pocket gun potential....or better yet, a coat/jacket pocket gun.
    those are so cool... Got a pic ?

Pocket Gun

Company I used to work for had a no guns policy, but after a couple of altercations with ex-wives/ husband etc. waiting in the parking lot, trying to break into the building, threats of coming back and shooting the place up and the companies refusal to improve security, I decided to get a deep carry weapon. (Left my main weapon in the car every day, and I felt that my personal safety was worth more than the job). I got a Keltec P32. found it to be very reliable with just a light cleaning every day, or two. Lint would build up and cause it to malfunction if you went more than a week or so between cleaning. It was reasonably accurate out to about 8 or 9 yards, never malfunctioned as long as it was reasonably clean, and in the 4 years I carried it I was never printed either at work or even in jeans or shorts anywhere outside of work. I am the first to say I would rather have more gun, but in situations where dress or other factors prohibit the carry of a larger weapon, I woulde be glad to have a P32 or other pocket weapon. The pea shooter in the pocket beats the cannon you had to leave in the car.
    There are only 2 people I trust in this world and you ain't one of'em!

I had been looking for a pocket gun for a while. I thought long and hard about a Kel-Tec P3AT, and may wind up still getting one.

I found an AMT .380Back-Up, and it fits the bill quite well. The hardest part i have found thus far is finding leather for it. Not many of the manufacturers have discontinued the line in favor of the more popular brands (Kel-Tec, NAA ect.).

After a complete tear down, she's good as new. Range report to follow. Looking forward to putting a few down range.

I just bought a Kahr PM40 to serve as my everyday gun. I will probably carry it in a Grandfather Oaks pocket holster. If that doesn't work I'll try a custom leather set-up. I wasn't originally a fan of the 40cal and wanted the PM9 but I saw this one used at a good price. I was originally a little worried about the recoil, but I find the recoil to be less abusive than a Kel-Tec P3AT.

I have a GLOCk 26 that I found to be way too big for pocket carry. The Kahr is very comfortable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links