I came to the Dark SIDE.....

This is a discussion on I came to the Dark SIDE..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I have alot of pistols/ revolvers somewhere in the neighboorhood of 20-30. I have never owned a .45 SAO Single stack gun what most ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I came to the Dark SIDE.....

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

I came to the Dark SIDE.....

Well I have alot of pistols/ revolvers somewhere in the neighboorhood of 20-30.

I have never owned a .45 SAO Single stack gun what most people would believe is 1911.

I just traded a stock P226 .40 for my first SAO .45 with manual 1911 safety.

NO IT is not a 1911

I just got a two tone 220R Carry model SAO, with a Full Length 220 ST Slide Night sights Basically this is a ******* gun that SIG never really made. Just one guy took apart his 220 carry SAO and mated it with a fully lenght 220 ST Slide. Yes I believe he is a SIG armorer. I think I got the better end of the deal.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    NEED PICS ... umm err and .... NEED PICS lol sounds interesting to me .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

JD
    Administrator
    Sooooo you have a 220 SAO. I had one for a while, great gun.

Do you have both slides or just the standard one?

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    NEED PICS ... umm err and .... NEED PICS lol sounds interesting to me .
    Horrible But all I could dig up was a CELL PHone Cam here while I'm work.

“Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Sooooo you have a 220 SAO. I had one for a while, great gun.

Do you have both slides or just the standard one?
    No just the ST Slide.

JD
    Administrator
    Cool, what's the rear sight? That's not factory either.

Cool, what's the rear sight? That's not factory either.
    Its an extrememly low mounted triji.

I'm seriously thinking about turning this into a winter carry gun Not really big on .45 but its got really neat cool factor. Need a good holster. Anybody carry a 220 or 226 SST without occassionly showing people your underwear? I think I know at least one Mod that carries a SST. Just need good holster options. P95 need Strong side holster opinions/options for this beast.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    That sir is cuter than puppys sleeping with kittens . now i want one lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

JD
    Administrator
    I carried mine in a VMII and it worked wonderfully.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ht=Sig+220+SAO

I carried mine in a VMII and it worked wonderfully.
    JD give me honost reasons why you got rid of the gun. I go through guns like their baseball cards, but generally because people want something I have, did you get rid of it for any reason?

Question - what happened to the rest of the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I just got a two tone 220R Carry model SAO, with a Full Length 220 ST Slide Night sights...Just one guy took apart his 220 carry SAO and mated it with a fully lenght 220 ST Slide.
    Does this mean that somewhere there is a stainless steel frame from a Sig 220 ST combined with the short slide and barrel from a Sig 220R Carry? This would essentially be an all steel Sig 220R Carry, in either all stainless color or in two tone (black slide over light colored frame). I wonder if the person who did the switch wanted the all steel carry gun and sold off the parts he didn't want to you, assembled together into the gun you have?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

JD
    Administrator
    JD give me honost reasons why you got rid of the gun. I go through guns like their baseball cards, but generally because people want something I have, did you get rid of it for any reason?
    I bought it to test the non-1911 waters, I think Sig could have done a better job on the SAO when you compare the trigger pull to that of the single action pull of the short trigger rest package (SRT), overall I found the length of pull to be too long for a single action gun, half the point of having a SAO gun is the short pull. I could have had it worked on, but I really didn't feel like going through the grief.

I also think they should have used the thumb safety and slide release from the X5.

I shelved the 1911s for a bit. Shot and carried it for over a month, ran close to 800 rounds through it, it fed everyhting I threw at it aith aplomb, when the testing was over, I picked up my 1911 and I was in love with it all over again.

Then I found my Baer, and the Sig had to go, it is a FANTASTIC gun, it just didn't meet my expectations.

If it makes you feel any better, I am still lusting over the 220 SAO Ellite line.

I
    If it makes you feel any better, I am still lusting over the 220 SAO Ellite line.
    ELITE Line in general I think alot of us are. IF I can Get my UZI paid off fast enough a 226 9mm ELITE is the NEXT GUN I will be getting, after that I need a G34 so I can "THEORETICALLY" have a Legal 9mm IDPA gun. THEN Hillary can get elected an do what ever.

ELITE Line in general I think alot of us are. IF I can Get my UZI paid off fast enough a 226 9mm ELITE is the NEXT GUN I will be getting, after that I need a G34 so I can "THEORETICALLY" have a Legal 9mm IDPA gun. THEN Hillary can get elected an do what ever.
    OO wait I forgot I still need a Magpul Masada, a lower to fit to a upper I have for an xtra AR, A REALLY nice AK, A M1A regular size to be friends with my scout. Plus its what we where issued at school.... I also need 100 over 10 round mags for every gun I own.

When will this sickness END?!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links