Advice for carry gun at work(where its not Kosher)

This is a discussion on Advice for carry gun at work(where its not Kosher) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm preferential to revolvers,however the thickness could be an issue. I wear a maintenance/UPS style uniform everyday,and as part of the job reaching up high ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice for carry gun at work(where its not Kosher)

Question Advice for carry gun at work(where its not Kosher)

I'm preferential to revolvers,however the thickness could be an issue. I wear a maintenance/UPS style uniform everyday,and as part of the job reaching up high for stuff and my shirt frequently becomes untucked,which may expose any waistband carry. So I guess its ankle carry then? I have a Taurus 357mag but its just too heavy for ankle carry and someone would probably ask what the heck is sticking out of my ankle. Any suggestions or would a SA 9mm ankle carry be the best bet?

2. Remove Ads

I had a very similar issue to address recently and went for the Seecamp LWS32. Check them out! It disappears in any pair of pants I'm wearing, with the use of a decent pocket holster. you won't find a finer quality pocket pistol than the Seecamp.

Some others worth considering might be the North American Arms Guardian, the Kel-tec P32 or P3AT, or maybe even the Khar PM9.

Let us know what you decide on. I looked at and shot all of these and fell in love with the Seecamp. I have never even thought of having a regret. It is an incredible little piece of functional art work.
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

VIP Member
    "J" frame in a SmartCarry!

http://www.smartcarry.com/
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    By "not Kosher" Do you mean your workplace/employer Prohibits carrying a firearm?

If so either comply or look for another job.

Otherwise , there are Holsters which allow your shirt to be Tucked In BETWEEN
    your pants and holster.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

i would go with a smaller semi auto- such as kel tec or kahr, etc.
    in a ankle, or smart carry

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Try a S&W J frame in a K.L. Null SKR holster worn under your short. Nothing short of a pat down or magnetometer should find it.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Depends on wheather you value your job or if it's a violation of state law. If it's the law, don't. If the job can be replaced and your not violating a law, I'd go with pocket carry in a good poctet holster.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Depends on wheather you value your job or if it's a violation of state law. If it's the law, don't. If the job can be replaced and your not violating a law, I'd go with pocket carry in a good poctet holster.
    I agree. If your only problem is how to conceal, the pocket holster would consistently do the job.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I know your pain; I wear business casual, always tucked shirt. Tried ankle and it's a pain and easy to expose accidently. I found it uncomfortable and hard to find pants to fit. If you're a BIG guy it's easier, that left pocket.

PM9 is a good caliber but it's at the limits of size for most peoples pocket. You can get it in but it can be tight to get it out quickly. An R9 is a GREAT pocket gun but costs ALOT. The Keltec P3AT is probably the true king of pocket carry but you need to "prove" the gun to ensure it's reliabel. My first one wasn't, my second generation P3AT is reliable. Then there's the J frame, Airweight in .38. Still the cylinder can be quite a bulge in the pocket.

I avoid any kind of tuckables like the plaque because I think it's way obvious that you're wearing something and I would hate to hear "hey, what are those plastic thinks on your belt?".

There are limited choices for what you're considering but I find the P3AT to be the flattest, lightest choice. W/mag extensions you're looking at 16 rounds of .380.

Certainly someone will suggest a mini revolver from NAA. In .22 mag it might be an okay last ditch with someone on top of you but I'd rather use a knife at that point.

God Bless
    Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I'm preferential to revolvers,however the thickness could be an issue. I wear a maintenance/UPS style uniform everyday,and as part of the job reaching up high for stuff and my shirt frequently becomes untucked,which may expose any waistband carry. So I guess its ankle carry then? I have a Taurus 357mag but its just too heavy for ankle carry and someone would probably ask what the heck is sticking out of my ankle. Any suggestions or would a SA 9mm ankle carry be the best bet?
    KELTEC P3AT in strong side front pocket!!! Trust me it will disappear!!

small...380 or 32, when you cant carry anything else. no one seems to notice as much as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebla View Post
    KELTEC P3AT in strong side front pocket!!! Trust me it will disappear!!
    no doubt...
    I can carry at work and I do. Colt mustang or at times my NAA .22 mag revo.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

P3AT in a pocket is my choice for when I can't be spotted. Nemesis or Mika pocket holster reduce what little printing there is much better than an Uncle Mike's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    "J" frame in a SmartCarry!

http://www.smartcarry.com/
    Its not going to get much better than that...I had my SmartCarry for 4 years before I got another holster....I think they are at their best with a thin pistol (1911) but I also carried a Beretta 96 Vertec, and a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact in mine with no issues.

There is no other holster that is better concealed than SmartCarry (or Thunderwear)

One of the smaller "mouse gun" autos like the Kel-tec, NAA Guardian, Seecamp or Rorhbaugh or an airweight snubnose like the S&W 642 or 638 in a pocket holster (depending on what you're most confident and comfortable with) would be my advice.

I've pocket carried my 642 in carpenter's jeans, coat pocket and ankle carry with a suit or snug jeans, haven't been "made" yet. I just picked up a .380 Walther PPK last Monday I'm itching to try out too: 6+1 Corbon DPX or DoubleTap Gold Dots and a nice, slim profile ... plus, they're cool!
    Jack

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links