S&W 37-2 398.99?? and a S&W 66

This is a discussion on S&W 37-2 398.99?? and a S&W 66 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Buy that 37-2, it is a real unique piece in my opinion. As someone said they were made for a special order, that got cancelled. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 37-2 398.99?? and a S&W 66

Buy that 37-2, it is a real unique piece in my opinion. As someone said they were made for a special order, that got cancelled. They are made old school without MIM parts, no lock, factory bobbed hammer, and are finished in some kind of bake on black looking finish. There were large discussions on these late '05 and in '06 on the S&W forum. Supposedly some said +p and others did not, so the thoughts were these were made with some old parts.

Mine has the enclosed test casing dated from '05. The factory told me they were OK for +p, because of the date mfg. I have shot +p without any issues, but mostly shoot it with .38 spl.. It is an 38 airweight after all, and not really meant to be a everyday range gun.

This may very well be the last revolver built like this that S&W sold to the public.. I think I paid 325-350

2. Remove Ads

399.99 is what we (at KTP) sell the new guns for (and they're +p rated too) 300.00-325.00 is reasonable...........try to find a nice NEW 642 or 637 that's +P rated at that price.(399.99)
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

my choices are limited in my area. I have an hour drive to Gander mountain and this shop is cheaper then them.

I plan to stop in tomorrow to see if it is still there and to see if I can get a better deal. I also may have gotten them a sale, so I might be able to talk them down. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens. I just hope my g/f doesnt get as mad as she did when I bought the .22...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links