Help Narrowing Down A New Pocket Gun - Page 3

Help Narrowing Down A New Pocket Gun

This is a discussion on Help Narrowing Down A New Pocket Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have carried a gun in my business for 30 years. The P3AT in a Nemesis holster dissappears in my front pocket. I sent it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Narrowing Down A New Pocket Gun

rf

Thumbs up P3AT

I have carried a gun in my business for 30 years. The P3AT in a Nemesis holster dissappears in my front pocket. I sent it back to factory for fluff and buff. It has been flawless with over 800 rounds. I have carried it daily for 3 months without cleaning it, pulled it out and fired 7 rds as fast as I could pull the trigger, no malfunctions. Sometimes I have to pat my pocket to see if it is still there. If you want an all the time any time weapon it is the P3AT. I have not carried my S&W 36 since I got the Keltec.
    RF

The P-3AT is excellent as a pocket pistol, quite lightweight and thin. My young bride and I both have them. Kel-Tec also has excellent warranty support. If you want to go with a 9mm, I'd go with the PF-9 instead of the P-11. For pocket carry, the thinner single-stack profile will be more comfortable.

It's very hard to argue with using a J-Frame Smith, as well. I plan to get one soon, probably a 442.

In any case, use a good pocket holster for breaking up the outline of the weapon, keeping the trigger covered, and keeping dust & lint out of the works. The DeSantis Nemisis or Superfly are both excellent, and Jagwear also makes a couple of nice ones.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Kel-Tec is earning my vote every day. I've had to work out some major kinks with the P3AT models but the third one (a second generation version) works well and I have a brand new PF9 that I've been shooting for about two weeks and it works very well, especially with Remington 115gr HP ammo that costs about $21/100 rounds at Wal-Mart. I have ordered an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster and expect to carry it both in the pocket and tucked into my waist band ... possibly with my dress shirt/golf shirt tucked in over it.

Both the PF9 and P3AT offer some serious recoil, so I don't think I'd expect Mom to 'enjoy' shooting either gun, but loaded with good hollow point ammunition, they are serious contenders for self defense situations.

Now, depending on the weather and my attire, I expect to carry either my G26 or G27 Glock or the PF9 and/or the P3AT ... the little gun that seems to fit just about anywhere I want to carry it.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

I mainly carry a SW442 in a Mika pocket holster during warm weather. It is unnoticeable in cargo pants/shorts, and totally reliable.

Recently I have begun carrying a 32NAA in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster which virtually disappears in any type of pocket, dress or casual. I debated between the P3AT and the NAA for some time. The NAA was easier to get locally and I’m happy I went with it. So far it has proven itself reliable and a dream to shoot.

For true pocket carry it's hard to beat the P3AT. Mine has been perfectly reliable right out of the box. Had a NAA Guardian .380, and it was just too heavy to be a good pocket carry for me, so it has been sold. I also have a J frame Model 638 Bodyguard, but I prefer to carry this IWB in a Fist holster if I can't carry something a bit "beefier". Just my .02

Well you guys have mw sold I'll pick up a S&W 442 next week I have it on order from my local gunshop. Right now I'm tinkering with the P3AT I came home with a few hours ago. But darnit that NAA Guardian is still bugging me I might have to go back and snatch it up after the Smith. As always thanks for the help and advice.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Congrats

Congrats on your new purchase. Let us know how the P3AT works out for you.

Have fun with the 442 when you get it. It is a great pocket pistol.

As for the NAA, my 32 is somewhat heavy (compared to the Kel Tec) which I find makes shooting it surprisingly pleasant.

Enjoy.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    Well you guys have mw sold I'll pick up a S&W 442 next week I have it on order from my local gunshop. Right now I'm tinkering with the P3AT I came home with a few hours ago. But darnit that NAA Guardian is still bugging me I might have to go back and snatch it up after the Smith. As always thanks for the help and advice.
    Haha,you sound like me. I'm a proud owner of a p3at (sitting in my waist band right now) and absolutely LOVE it. Sometimes I wish I had gotten an NAA myself,but then again, I think I'll add one to the collection b/c the kelte isnt going anywhere.

I'm thiking about trading the XD in on pf9 or p11,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Naa .380

Had the Kel-Tec and it was a good gun just real snappy with the 380 load. Went to the .380 Guardian and never looked back. Can't go wrong, stainless, solid and totally reliable. Just a little hard to find one right now as all of them are sold and NAA is suppose to start production of them back up in a month or so. Demand is really suppose to be out of sight for the .380 Guardians.

I've got 2 P3AT .380s but I prefer my Bersa Thunder380 for a pocket gun. I only carry it on the warmest days or sometimes at home if I'm not wearing my Crossbreed holster and my Sig .40. If I'm awake I've either got a gun in a holster or in my pocket and the Bersa can handle Corbon +P ammo better then the P3AT.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I actually have started carring a Beretta Tomcat 3032 in my pocket. I just cant seem to conceal a J-frame in my pocket. I have aftermarket 10 round mags for it. It is much more pleasant to practice with than a P3at. I practice emptying the gun as fast as can at SD distances and always put them all on paper. It is heavy enough to soak up recoil, but light enough to always carry. They kind of have a "jamomatic" reputation, so I would never buy one used, but mine has been 100% reliable through about 200 rounds of FMJ, and 50 of JHP's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links