Bersa guns

This is a discussion on Bersa guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://bersatalk.com/forums/11/ShowForum.aspx Check it out....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bersa guns

2. Remove Ads

My first carry was the Bersa .380 CC. It is an awesome gun. Eats everything you feed it, never ever had a FTF (feed or fire). Only mags that fit properly and are dependable are straight from Bersa (not cheap...around $30. for each).

My EDC is now Beretta, either the 92FS or the PX4, because I want more firepower. But I'll never get rid of my Bersa.

You can bet your life on that gun!

When I got my Bersa Thunder380 CC I got rid of my PPK/S. I've had no trouble with the Bersa but the PPK/S that I had for over 20 years was lots of trouble.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I've had my Bersa 380 for almost a year now, and it's worth penny i paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The screws backed out after a few shots, the grips rattled, the steel seemed soft and wore quickly. You usually get what you pay for.
    I'd heard such glowing reviews on this board that I went out and bought a Thunder Conceal Carry model in stainless.

The trigger spring was broken right out of the box
    It's had a few hundred rounds through her and the screws backed out. Especially frustrating when you lose them out hiking in the woods.

I won't necessarily bad-mouth it, but I'll never buy another one.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    My Mother in Law just purchased the Bersa Firestorm 9mm. So far it has been 100% (400 rounds total, 200 by her) Accurate as can be, somewhat nice trigger. I have heard that if you get a bad one it is a very bad one, but their warrenty seems to be not shabby.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Administrator
    Bersa's are a great value... but I will say that it seems as if they have about one lemon out of 50 guns- Thats about par for the cheaper guns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    My wife and I have had three Bersa firearms. P95Carry has one of them now - the UC9. We have had two .380s. Honestly we have had no trouble with any of them.

The UC9 was sold for two reasons. One, when the last round in a mag was fired the brass tended to be ejected straight back and a couple hit my wife in forehead. She didn't like that. Two, she wanted something a little smaller to carry. Eventually she ended up with a Kahr CW9.

She still has a Thunder .380. It has at least 700 rounds through it and no problems. There is one minor problem with many of the Thunder .380s and that is the decocker / safety. They are often very tight. It is a known problem and may have been address in more recent manufactured pistols.

I also had a Thunder .380, but sold it because it was just sitting in the safe. I have three other .380s that I used more so I sold it.

No manufacturer can make every unit it makes perfect. Any brand of firearm will have a bad unit occasionally. For the price Bersa's firearms are real bargains and if you get a bad one they honor their warranty.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ07 View Post
    To the original poster: Bersa gun owners are sworn to ultra secrecy about their guns when we sign the paperwork! We are not allowed to tell anyone that they are one of the most reliable, affordable, comfortable to carry pistols on the planet. If we did, more people would buy them and drive the price up! So, sorry, I can’t tell you how my Bersa 9 Ultra Compact has almost 2000 rounds through it and has never had any issue with anything or any ammo. Also, I can’t tell you how comfortable they are to carry in a ubgholster from Nate. Further, I am bound by the Bersa code to never tell you that you will absolutely love your gun!

So, mums the word!
    +1

All the above is the reason I currently own 6 of them (including two UC-9's)! I've actually owned Bersa's since the 70's and have been very pleased with all of their pistols. The only reason I don't own the two Bersa 380's I got in the mid 70's and early 80's today is they were both stolen from my home during a burglary in '91. I eventually got both of them back (it took six years to find one of them, but it showed up after a robbery suspect was arrested), but they were both so abused, I asked the police to destroy them.

"... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I had two of them - in 1986 one of them failed - safety would not disengage - I was in the middle of breaking up a felony in progress - my wife was the victim - I managed to get to the shotgun that I had strapped in the trunk of my car...

It ended well for us - only barely - I traded both of those Bersa's on a 30-06 the very next week - I also promised myself that I would never own another...

aji
    Have a Thunder 380 for about a year. Nice pistol for the price. Good shooter.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Bersa's are good guns and I plan on getting one some day everytime I go to get one I buy something else.

Wow ! thanks for all the info everyone.
    if things go as planed I should be picking it up today
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

[QUOTE=MR D;566509]I had two of them - in 1986 one of them failed - safety would not disengage -QUOTE]

Strictly speaking, the Bersas have a 'dococker' rather than a 'safety.' Most folks I've touched base with carry with a round chambered and the decocker OFF, ready to go w/ a DA 1st shot. There is a firing pin safety on the .380, where the trigger must have pressure on it to fire, and additionally there's a '1/4 cocked' position which keeps the hammer a fraction of an inch off the firing pin. Just set the decocker to 'Fire' and pull the hammer a bit until it clicks.

No fuss, no muss, and no safeties to mess with in that first critical second.
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    I had two of them - in 1986 one of them failed - safety would not disengage - I was in the middle of breaking up a felony in progress - my wife was the victim - I managed to get to the shotgun that I had strapped in the trunk of my car..
    Now that is a perfect example of Murphys rules of combat. Glad you were prepared and all ended well.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links