Bersa guns - Page 3

Bersa guns

This is a discussion on Bersa guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this about my 380CC recently; it's great little piece for the money, IMO. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...der-380cc.html...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bersa guns

EW3
    I posted this about my 380CC recently; it's great little piece for the money, IMO.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...der-380cc.html
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I have fired the .380 model at a range. Surprisingly, I think it had a smoother trigger pull than my SIG P232 and less recoil than the Beretta Cheetah. I've heard that they NEED a break-in period when purchased new, other than that, they're definitely a keeper.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Have a thunder 380 in all black and have had no problems so far.

We have recently gotten both a 9mm compact and a .22. Both are well made. Both have better DA trigger action out of the box than most high dollar guns. Both have been 100% reliable and darn accurate. The .22 will work with the cheapest bulk ammo I can buy, and the 9mm eats the cheap FMJs and the various JHPs we have tried.

Now I am planning to sell a really nice, beautifully finished, European-made 9mm so that I can get the more plain-jane Bersa compact 9. The Bersa just does it better! I will also likely buy a Bersa .380 soon.

If you believe that the name engraved on the slide and the depth of the bluing can more than double the value of a pistol, then there are other gun makers who will make you happy. If you can judge the gun by what it actually will do, then buy a Bersa.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

EW3
    Another thing I found was that three gun shops in my area refuse to carry them. When asked all the guys turned up their noses and basically said "they don't deal with that junk" I had to order mine through a broker and wait about a month to get it; a 380CC model.

What's especially ironic is that one of the gun shops that turned their nose up at my Bersa request sold me a Kel-Tec P3AT which, even after 300 rounds and numerous tweaks and cleanings, refused to fire even a single magazine without jamming.

The Bersa happily ate 500 rounds at break-in, with not a single hiccup!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

The wifey luvs her BERSA THUNDER .380. It seems to be a farily acurate shooter & is the perfect size for concealment, and was a great price compared to a SIG or WALTHER.

I'm not a big fan though, and here's why:

1. FEED ISSUES-(stove-piping) if one does NOT to grip the hell out of it. - limp wristing is a definate no-no. I've fed it various ammo and the more "round" the bullet is......the better.
    2. RECOIL -It's also a little hard on the hands due to it's surprising amt. of recoil in the 70+ rnd count. (if your going to make the trip to the range and NOT shoot at least 100 rnds - why bother?) It's definately not a target shooter if you've got large hands like myself.
    3. CLEANING & RE-ASSEMBLY - all I can say -WOW! - is that an adventure!

Those are the top 3 reasons why I don't bother to shoot it much. Which is just fine......it's the wife's anyways and if she's got no problems........then it's all good.
    On a side note.......just try and find an EXTRA mag for it! My gun dealer can't even get one. I found/ordered one ON-LINE but haven't even recieved notice they've shipped it. $40 bucks! + $7 in shipping. I paid $290 for the gun!

I need more coffee............
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Another thing I found was that three gun shops in my area refuse to carry them. When asked all the guys turned up their noses and basically said "they don't deal with that junk" I had to order mine through a broker and wait about a month to get it; a 380CC model.
    You could (I would) interpret that to mean either a), They don't make a high enough profit margin on the Bersa guns to suit the shop owners, or b), They are gun snobs who only equate quality and/or value with a guns price or name. That should tell you where their priorities are and I would treat the shops appropriately!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Bersa kicks butt in my book! I have the CC and love it. It is easy to take apart and clean, once you figured out how to do it. LOL

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Bersa kicks butt in my book! I have the CC and love it. It is easy to take apart and clean, once you figured out how to do it. LOL
    LOL, me too! The first time I thought I'd broken it, but now I'm like Forrest Gump putting his M-14 back together.

I have a .380 and both the wife and I have put several hundred rounds downrange. What's not to love. It's beautiful, accurate, has low recoil, and has only FTE when I've tried to shoot it as rapidly as possible. Shooter induced, I'm sure. Otherwise it functions flawlessly on all ammo. Did I mention it cost half as much as the Beretta it decended from. Also, the gun is NOT difficult to field strip as a couple have mentioned. Did I mention the great trigger. I could go on and on but you get the picture.

I will, at some point in the future, pick up the UC 9mm and also want the hi cap 9mm. I respect the Bersa line of weapons because they are no nonsense. They are not terribly attractive to the eye but they have retained the traditional look and style of the all metal semi-auto pistol.

EW3
    I fired my Sig P232 tonight for the first time and I have to admit, I think I still like my Bersa 380CC better!

Dang P232 "bit" me, too...another thing the Bersa does better, no slide bite!

[QUOTE=Roland of Gilead;568015]
    Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    I had two of them - in 1986 one of them failed - safety would not disengage -QUOTE]

Strictly speaking, the Bersas have a 'dococker' rather than a 'safety.' Most folks I've touched base with carry with a round chambered and the decocker OFF, ready to go w/ a DA 1st shot.

No fuss, no muss, and no safeties to mess with in that first critical second.
    I wish you were correct - my Bersas had a safety on the slide - I carry a Sig P226, and occasionally a H&K USPc as well as a raft of 1911s I know the difference - it had 3 separate safeties, slide, trigger and mag disconnect... these guns were built in the mid 1980's and companies either improve their products or they go under...

[QUOTE=MR D;621519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post

I wish you were correct - my Bersas had a safety on the slide - I carry a Sig P226, and occasionally a H&K USPc as well as a raft of 1911s I know the difference - it had 3 separate safeties, slide, trigger and mag disconnect... these guns were built in the mid 1980's and companies either improve their products or they go under...

I think the confusion about the decocker comment was that at least on my uc45 the safety automatically decocks the firearm, so you cant carry "cocked and locked" the one I have does not have a mag disconnect safety, although I know some of the other pistols they make do include that feature. (I dont like that feature in a SD handgun) Also has a sweet feature that eliminates the need for an external gun lock which is the key, lock it and you cant rack the slide, or fire the weapon. If you have to leave in your car its a nice feature. (like if I have to go to the school for something)
    I have had no problems with the Bersa .45 UC except that magazines are hard to come by, someone listed eagle imports they were quick to ship out in 4 days time a mag, I am still waiting from TGSCOM to get the one I ordered from them a year ago, given up on that lol.

Great Little gun, I have a friend how bought his girl friend one in .380 and we shot abot 300 rounds in it and had only one misfire. a lite firing pin strike.

PD Bill

Loved my Bersa .380, sold it to get a revolver, in fact I regret it.
    I still have a soft spot for Bersas..in fact when i get this next rebate in the early summer I am looking real hard at another Bersa but this time in .40 or 9mm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links