Bersa guns

Bersa guns

This is a discussion on Bersa guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone own or fired anything from Bersa ? was looking at a bersa concealed carry today in .380 looked like it would be a nice ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bersa guns

Bersa guns

anyone own or fired anything from Bersa ?
    was looking at a bersa concealed carry today in .380
    looked like it would be a nice BUG and an alt to my J-frame .38
    what kept me from getting it was that I really do not know much about bersa's so thought I'd ask what yall think of them.
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I have both a bersa thunder 380 and thunder 40. Both weapons are good shooters. My .380 is a duo tone while my .40 is a satin nickle.

I doubt you'll find anything negative about the Bersa .380 pistol. At least I've never read anything negative about one.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Assistant Administrator
    Overall great value guns - my wife has my .380 and I also have the UC-9 .... good shooter.

Not sure if they'd stand multiple thousands of rounds like some guns but - I have been well satisied with mine. Also responsible for setting up two other folks with .380's too - which they like.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hi 88M check this article out, it should give you what you need...http://www.gunblast.com/Bersa_380CC.htm
    The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

Assistant Administrator
    Oh yes - also check out Horge's site ........ most useful.

http://www.geocities.com/bersa_thunder/
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey! You're letting out the secret!

To the original poster: Bersa gun owners are sworn to ultra secrecy about their guns when we sign the paperwork! We are not allowed to tell anyone that they are one of the most reliable, affordable, comfortable to carry pistols on the planet. If we did, more people would buy them and drive the price up! So, sorry, I can’t tell you how my Bersa 9 Ultra Compact has almost 2000 rounds through it and has never had any issue with anything or any ammo. Also, I can’t tell you how comfortable they are to carry in a ubgholster from Nate. Further, I am bound by the Bersa code to never tell you that you will absolutely love your gun!

So, mums the word!
    In a crisis situation, you will not rise to the occasion but default to your level of training.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I have a thunder 380 that has served me well for the last 4 years. I have the Nickle plated version. For the price, they are hard to be if they can be beat at all price wise . Mine only like bullets with a well rounded nose. The barrel is attached on the frame and doesn't move around at all. I think it's biggest draw back is it has an alloy framed including the ramp. I had tried some federal Hyda shocks in it and they made a small mark in the ramp and kept jamming. Same with Carbon. I polished the ramp with a dremmel and that helped feeding rounds. I can shoot Golden Sabers without any problems. Size wise, it is very easy to conceal.

I have heard both bad and good things about Bersa. Most people I talk to say they are great guns. I have found they are a little harder to get mags for then some other .380s. I also know 4 people personally who have had their sear break while shooting and had the gun go full auto on them. One was in a shooting.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

I absolutely love both my Bersas. I have the .380 in both the duotone and concealed models. After months of trying to find the cc model when it first came out, I finally found one, bought it, and a month later lost it to my wife. She absolutely loves the Bersa. She refuses to use anything else. I have close to 2000 rounds through my duotone and 700 through the CC with absolutely no problems other than limpwristing. These are great little guns. I have hardly ever heard anyone say anything bad about them. Gun snobs at the range turn their noses up at them, but after they try shooting it, they usually admit that they are pleasantly surprised by the way they handle.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    I doubt you'll find anything negative about the Bersa .380 pistol. At least I've never read anything negative about one.
    Well, I'm about to change that. I'm not a real fan of the Bersa Thunder. The one I had, (I sold it), drove me nuts. The screws backed out after a few shots, the grips rattled, the steel seemed soft and wore quickly. It was pretty reliable and was as accurate as expected, I'll give it that, but take down was awkward and reassembly sometimes was an adventure. Nowhere near as well made or refined as similar pistols such as the Beretta or Sig. You usually get what you pay for.

I've had quite a few .380 pistols and the Bersa Thunder is the only one I didn't like. I'll admit, I'm picky.

jgp
    Get yours now before the price doubles! +1 for the Thunder 380.

AMH
    Two of my uncles own a Bersa. I am not sure which one, but it looked like a Walther PPK.
    One uncle never had an issue with his, while the other one had continual issues. He eventually took it to a smith and got it fixed right up, never had a problem since. Both uncles swear by them.

I shot the weapon and liked it just fine. I have it on my "to buy list".
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

I have a Bersa .380 concealed and LOVE IT. I think it is a great gun for the value and a workhorse.

I have a Bersa Thunder duo tone, and really like it. I carried it every day for a year or two, now I carry it on occassion when I don't carry the PT111. Hopefully next year, when I get done convincing moma to get her CHL, she will carry it. I have never had any trouble out of it, nor any issues with failing to feed, with the execption of some promag magzines that didn't like Magtech First Defense rounds. It was the mag's problem, not the guns problem.

I can't agree with the difficulty of take down or reassembly, I can pull that little thing apart and put it back together again quicker than most people can figure out where to stop a slide on a 1911 to pull the pin. That was one of the features I liked about the gun, the ease of take down and reassembly, since on a carry gun, you will (should) be doing it more than other weapons.

No complaints here, none. They do what they are designed to do at a cost other guns of similar quality can't come close to.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links