Walther PPK/S - Page 2

Walther PPK/S

This is a discussion on Walther PPK/S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a stainless Walther/S&W PPK in .380 this past Monday. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPK/S

I just picked up a stainless Walther/S&W PPK in .380 this past Monday. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but it's one of the guns that's always been on my gotta have it list.

I've got plenty of other guns to fill my carry needs but the PPK is a classic. I'd also like to add a Russian or East German Makarov in 9x18 to the collection as well - not a CZ, not a PA-63, a REAL Makarov.
    Jack

Like many other semi-automatic pistols, Walther have there likes and dislikes.

Mine likes Federal Hydra Shok, Corbon, the new Winchester Ranger, and round ball. Back in the late 70’s I had to have my first Walther throated, and the action smoothed up some before it would fire hollow points. The new Stainless one has never had a problem with any of the above, but it sure does not like Speers Lawman, jams almost every time.

For those who take your Walther to the range and do a bunch of hole pinking. Try putting a little graphite on the slide. Walther’s are built with a very tight tolerance, and until you’ve fed 500 or more rounds through it to break them in, the graphite helps.

Distinguished Member
    This is such an awesome forum. Keep learning stuff every day. I'm going to throw in some graphite. I've owned the PPK/S for about three months and really, really like it. However, as another thread stated (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...&highlight=ppk) they can be a bear with FTF at first. Almost dumped the gun but after reading the above thread it began to behave. I carry a .357 S&W and and a .40 semi but for comfort (and looks) I really like the PPK.
    About the guy carrying the .22 being a good shot. I guess we are assuming that the perp is standing upright and still
    Pogo, is there any gun you don't own?? That Kahr you have looks great. You've already set me back five hundred bucks when I saw your 66.

ps. AK's - I love the Bernie Goetz quote. You have no shame.
    Last edited by aznav; December 21st, 2007 at 07:02 PM.

I find both my kahr and walther to reliable, the kahr is an easy carry although Ive got much more time on the walther that I shoot better with it than the kahr. So the kahr is a summer carry and the walther is a winter time favorite.

I bought a PPK's in 1979, carried it for many years. Twice saved my skin from would be robbers with gigantic knifes. May not be much compare to today`s guns, but I got tell you it does what it´s supposed to do. Fun little gun. I remember paying 630 dollars for it well worth it.

I'm loving my P/P .380. It has nearly 1,000 rounds through it, and by God, hasn't jammed or failed once. I shoot the cheap stuff, too.

It may just be me, but I've found that if I run clip after clip through it several times over with no cool down, I get more fliers.

Sponsor
    I love all my Walther's (PPK, P1 and S&W PPK/S) All are reliable and more accurate than I am. I prefer larger caliber in poly frames or my 1911 for carry. Just personal preference.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links