Got it...37-2

This is a discussion on Got it...37-2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well I went back and got the 37-2 today. I was able to get it for 350.00 not the best price but a lot cheaper ...

Thread: Got it...37-2

Got it...37-2

well I went back and got the 37-2 today. I was able to get it for 350.00

not the best price but a lot cheaper than a 642/442.

I just need to find non +P ammo the shop was out and walmart does not sell anything other than the bulk pack.

I seem to of missplaced my camera. Once it is found I will post some pics.

There are only two ware spots on the gun, one is the ring they get on the Cylinder where the Indexing tab sticks up from the bottom of the frame. That might not be ther correct term. The other is from the ejector end where it rubs on the back of the frame as it closes.

lock up is tight with no forward or back movement, the side to side lock up has a little movement. it is a lot less than my 66-7 so it is good in my book.

Now the G/F got really mad, I was emailing her from my Blackberry with the price and asking in a way, but more of seeing if she would of been cool with me buying it. Her e-mail to my blackberry was unclear.... I was looking for a YES or NO answer if she would be ok with it. well I thought her no answer was an ALL CLEAR. She first said that she wanted me to sell it, but by the time we got off the phone she said that I might be able to keep it.

I just need to sweet talk her some more....

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    Congrats! Good buy!

Find that camera!

Indexing tab sticks up from the bottom of the frame.
    It's called the cylinder stop.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Assistant Administrator
    That sounds OK - all in all a good purchase considering what you have. I think you will enjoy it greatly.

For sure - the cylinder drag marks from the stop are all but unavoidable once a gun has had any use much at all - and yes the ejector mark on recoil shield - likewise.

I think the G/F needs a loving but assertive talkin too
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

She is better about it now...

I am going to sell the XD9sc to balance things out. The XD9sc was for her and she does not like it. So it has been listed.

I cant wait to try it out. I bought a box of WWB 100ct stuff but no one had any std .38spl hollow points. I can't carry it until I get a holster for it.....now I need to spend money and she will Bit** about on that.. I can't win

22RSIX, I ran out of time to post this yesterday, so better later the never. Glad you got it.
    Here are 2 pics of mine, and a list of the product codes. Mine shown is the #149968 which is the 2005 revolver, which is also double action only, I don't think that came out before. They would look to be some of the last Model 37 built, as they were discontinued in '06. These were certainly special, as they had forged parts and no lock. Earlier discussions on the S&W board figured these to be built with left over parts, since these were 37-2, and that factory stopped building the 37-3 to build the special order for Japan as mentioned before.
    But the 37-3 was +P and the original -2 was not. The versions built for the Japanese were -2, but the extras of those were sold earlier, and if you look at the chart below, that was a different product code. The product code is on the original case if you got that with the gun.

thats a handsome snub nose !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Nice snubby!

I got a box, but not the orginal one.

the old owner must of had a few 37's this box has a product code of 149968, serial number DAA9558.

My serial number is DAC12xx. it must be a late 05 early 06 if it ran that long.

I am going today to gander mtn to find a useable holster until i can find a good quality one, along with some good non +P ammo, speed strips or speed loader.

I pocket carry a 442. For an inexpensive pocket holster I took an Uncle Mikes IWB and cut the belt clip off. It works fine until I can find an IWB that works for me. Cost me about $12.

unless you are against +p ammo, you can carry +p ammo in it and occasionally shoot it out of it without any problems. I carry a 1968 vintage model 36 SB and shoot standard WWB or something like that for practice, I carry the Speer GDHP short barrel round in it for CCW. Fine guns, I recently bobbed the hammer of my 637-3 to make it more CCW friendly.
    If we treat every gun as if it was loaded, then why not treat every individual as if they are armed.

I did read that some folks were told some +P was ok from Smith and Wesson. I went and bought some Hornaday 158gr JHP/XTP. I have not shot it yet, but I am hoping to go this week when I go to Michigan for vacation.

Police officers did fine with the standard stuff way back and I feel good using what the gun was made for. I want this to last and do not want to risk anything.

1943 - 2009
    Try this load, #20C/20, from Buffalo Bore Ammunition.

+P performance without +P pressure.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I always forget about the alternate stuff out there. Their 38 and 38+p has some nice real world numbers..

Links