I have got to quit going to the gun store!! New (to me) Les Baer TRS

This is a discussion on I have got to quit going to the gun store!! New (to me) Les Baer TRS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to just drop by my local gun store to see what they had. Well you probably know how the story ends; there in ...

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

I decided to just drop by my local gun store to see what they had. Well you probably know how the story ends; there in the case was one pistol in particular that was calling my name. It was screaming my name so badly, I just had to take this one home.

Very little wear and definitely not broken in yet. I even picked up the box with Clint Smith's signature on it. I immediately took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it. It is quite possibly the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. So Merry Christmas to me
    Attached Images
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

JD
    Administrator
    Welcome to the TRS club, I love mine, never going to get rid of it!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I feel ya... lol. Every time I go in something comes home with me, or on layaway. Just got my wife a Taurus .38SP for Christmas.

JD - If my wife gives me grief I have decided to blame it on you!! Ever since I saw yours posted on here I have been having serious gun lust. Now if I can just make it to Thunder Ranch to train.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    JD - If my wife gives me grief I have decided to blame it on you!! Ever since I saw yours posted on here I have been having serious gun lust. Now if I can just make it to Thunder Ranch to train.

What can I say...I'm an enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    I decided to just drop by my local gun store to see what they had. Well you probably know how the story ends; there in the case was one pistol in particular that was calling my name. It was screaming my name so badly, I just had to take this one home.

Very little wear and definitely not broken in yet. I even picked up the box with Clint Smith's signature on it. I immediately took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it. It is quite possibly the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. So Merry Christmas to me
    You well be a better man for it.Don't you love Les Bears.

Quote:
    "there in the case was one pistol in particular that was calling my name. It was screaming my name so badly, I just had to take this one home."

Dude! I went thru the same thing with my Detonics 9-11-01! I even traded my Kimber for it and put it on layaway. I finally paid off the layway last week, and I believe it was very much worth the loss of the Kimber and the time in layaway! Awesome quality gun that comes real close to semi custom 1911's!

I wish more gunshops would have a layaway plan so average Joes like me can afford a gun like this without running up the credit card bill!

Distinguished Member
    Ah, yes. The gun store. Or the classifieds in the gun forums. All dangerous. I used to shoot up a prayer before walking into a sporting goods store. Then it was office supplies (honest). And, now, it's the gun shop. Sigh. Soon it will be the pharmacy...

Very nice congrats my TRS is super accurate also i would say most accurate of my 3 baers

OD*
    Congratulations, my TRS is one of my favorites.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

My wife has refused to let me into a gun shop lately (what she doesn't know won't hurt her, as long as she doesn't look at the checkbook!).

I have had to through bad withdrawal lately - Its an addiction that you can't kick, and one I don't want to kick.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post

I have had to through bad withdrawal lately - Its an addiction that you can't kick, and one I don't want to kick.
    We're all on the "12 step program" around here LOL Including me
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator
    Looking Great! Congrats!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Another 200 rounds through my TRS and I am even more impressed than I was on my first outing. I got a huge ego boost when I was shooting it as well. The guy next to me was taking a pistol orientation class. I ran my target out to 7 yards and shot three mags to the head. Lo and behold I had a nice 1.5" group. Not a single flyer. The guy looks at me and asks "how many rounds do I have to fire before I can do that?" I just smiled and said "it's not me, it's the gun".

VIP Member
    Oh man that's nice! VERY nice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links