Defensive Carry banner

My new popgun.

3K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  ripley16 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got this out of layaway a few days ago. It's the Walther/S&W PPK (not a PPKs!) in .380acp. I know it's anemic cartridge, I know there are lighter weight .380s on the market but the PPK is the gun I wanted and I put it on layaway the minute I saw it.

My wife's been laughing at me ever since I brought it home because every time I get it out of the case I start humming the James Bond theme :yup:. Now I've got to order some replacement grips, extra mags and some Cor-bon and Double Tap defensive ammo.

Not the best picture I've ever taken but it's too dark out to use natural lighting:

See less See more
#6 ·
Very Nice. I had 2 different PPKs's in the past. I always liked the look and feel of the gun, but the slide would draw blood. I also recently picked up one of the new S&W guns. I'm told the frame has been redesigned to reduce slide bite...so far this one hasn't drawn blood....I think I'll be keeping this one.

#9 ·
Nice Jack - that is still a classic piece IMO.

It's also in the category I would choose simply because it has some weight to it - not for everyone perhaps but those things feel good in the hand. Small guns with all metal instead of polymer are certainly my liking.

#10 ·
It's the Walther/S&W PPK (not a PPKs!) in .380acp. I know it's anemic cartridge,
To quote something I just read the other night.
"A .380 in hand is better than a .45 in the truck / car"

very nice pistol :hand10:

#17 ·
Marshall and Sanow's infamous "Stopping Power" study was discredited not long after it was published. The credibility of both writers suffered greatly after that fiasco and for a while it seemed both of them would fade into obscurity. I put very little faith in gun writers these days.
Jack

#18 ·
nice little ppk congrats . I have thought about swapping my german ppks for a stainless one , but most likely when it goes it will go for something a bit different as i have the kahrs that fill that size niche with a little more pop to them .

#19 ·
I was told of an IDPA type shoot where all the participants had to dress up in a tux or a formal dress. Of course the gun had to be a walther type. One stage even had them holding a martini while shooting and they lost points for spilling any. Unfortunately, no pictures were allowed as the women had to draw from a garter or something. LOL

I have to admit to a certain amount of scepticism over the story. but it would have been fun to participate and watch.

#23 ·
There are certain handguns, that strike that emotion for some people...kind of like hearing a certain song after years of not hearing it....the walther is just one of the common firearms to do that...
Congrats...it is a classic

#28 ·
Congrats...

Nice gun Mr. Bond...don't let it 'bite' you...:image035:

Stay armed...stay safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.