Glock 27 vs. Kahr CW - Page 3

Glock 27 vs. Kahr CW

This is a discussion on Glock 27 vs. Kahr CW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would go with the Kahr, or a Glock 23. I don't find the 27 all that more concealable, and it really is like carrying ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would go with the Kahr, or a Glock 23.

I don't find the 27 all that more concealable, and it really is like carrying a brick in my opinion. Personally I have a Glock 19, same as the 23 except it's a 9mm. I looked at the Glock 26, which is the same as the 27 except for the caliber.

My "superconcealableultrahideypistol" is a Kahr PM9. I hope that helps. Someone posted asking about a Glock 26 or a Kahr PM9. If you want my long-winded answer check that thread out.

Biker

Here's my longwinded reply to that question. I hope it helps.

The PM9 sets itself apart from the Glock when carried in the pocket or on the ankle.

I have a G19 and a Kahr PM9. I cannot see myself carrying a G26 because if I'm going to carry on the belt or IWB I find it just as easy to hide a Glock 19. I tried both guns over a period of time, and went with the Glock 19. The PM9 is carried as a BUG when I have to carry an autoloader.

As far as the longer reset on the Kahr, not for me. I have a NY1 Trigger in my Glock 19. I try to keep all my triggers as close to the same as possible, and since I favor Revolvers it's easy to "justify" the NY1 Trigger for me.

My Kahr, once I got past the "break in period" has been 100% reliable with what I shoot out of it. If it wasn't reliable I wouldn't own it. If a gun is unreliable I try to fix it, have it fixed, or sell it. I have about 1500 rounds through my Kahr in three years. I have only shot 100 rounds through it in the last two years.

Kahrs, unlike Glocks, really need to be properly lubricated. There used to be a thread on this over at GlockTalk that you may want to try and find.

For me, unless you are partial to carrying a "duty size" weapon like I am, I'd go with the Kahr PM9. Most people stop carrying after the "newness" wears off and they realize how heavy and cumbersome that gun is. The PM9 is Kahr's version of a S&W J-Frame Airweight. It's small enough to allow you to carry a gun all the time, instead of some of the time.

Biker

I have to agree with many others that have posted on this topic.... While the Kahr may have an advantage as far as size/dimensions, the Glock is the way to go for overall reliability and capacity.

While I do not have a G26/G27 (only a G17 and will be picking up a G19 or G23 later this week). I do have a Kahr CW9. It has given me problems out of the box and still is not 100% reliable. It still doesn't feed properly.... I think the feed ramp needs to be polished. I love it's size, heck, I even love the look... But judging by some of the other issues I've read, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps...
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger ..."

The CW40 is easier to conceal than the 27 but I like the Glock better. Steve48

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links