Anyone use the A-Grip?

This is a discussion on Anyone use the A-Grip? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found here http://www.ccwsupply.biz/AgripPage.htm What the consensus with this type of wrap grip? Tempted to try them on my Glock's but wanted some feed back first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the A-Grip?

Anyone use the A-Grip?

Found here
    http://www.ccwsupply.biz/AgripPage.htm

What the consensus with this type of wrap grip? Tempted to try them on my Glock's but wanted some feed back first if anyone is using/has used them.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Ti, my wife has one on her Kahr CW9. She is a pianist with very soft hands and the polymer irritated them. She wanted something to soften the grip, so I got her the A-Grip. It feels a lot like velour and looks sort of like it too. It doesn't cushion the grip much, but the surface gives you a good gripping surface so maybe you don't squeeze as tight. There is some cushioning, and the smoothing of the surface seems to make it just what my wife wants. She really likes hers. I have fired her Kahr some, but not a lot and I like it too.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I've never used them myself, but have seen them recommended a number of times for various different guns.

The only negative I've seen was from a 1911 user, and that complaint was having to trim the grips himself.....LOL

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Hmm,I'd be curious to see how those hold up. On the website they say you can pull it off,reposition it,and replace it no problems. Interesting.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

George,

How does the adhesive backing hold to the polymer? Have you or your wife had any problems with it coming off or peeling at the ends? That would seem to be thee only concern I can see. It also looks very thin as I can see the Kahr logo through the grip.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

It may be OK, but I wouldn't want to stick that stuff on my Kimber's custom wooden grips...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It may be OK, but I wouldn't want to stick that stuff on my Kimber's custom wooden grips...OMO
    I actually can't see using it on a 1911 at all. You have the option of checkering, stippling, front strap grip tape as well as checkered grip's for positive handling. Polymer can be some what slick and it can be stippled but not everyone want's it like that if you ever have to sell the gun or just want to get rid of it for whatever reason. The A-Grip seem's to be a very good alternative to a permanent solution. Kind of like how a tattoo is permanent, not really wanting to tattoo polymer.

Ti

I've had them on a Glock or two in the past, but always took them off as I prefer the regular old polymer grip.

But if you are wanting something different then definitely go for it, as it is a great product and works as advertised.

will be watching this thread, as I am considering the Agrip vs. a Hogue Handall Jr for my newly beloved PM9. Thanks to uber dry skin from being in the medical field (daily surgical scrub is evil), the aggressive detailing of the polymer makes my hand raw and gives my grip fingers blisters 1/2 way through a 100 round box, and even handling extensively for dryfire/drawing/etc. is not pleasant.

my pot/kettle peanut gallery take is that it is ugly as sin and I hate the feel of velour, but I may be ordering it this week anyway since it does what it does!

I have TruGrip on my Glock and I absolutely love them. Here's a link to the manufacturer's website if you want to take a look. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Good Luck!

http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

I have had the gripall on my 23 for 11 years and love it.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGlock23 View Post
    I have TruGrip on my Glock and I absolutely love them. Here's a link to the manufacturer's website if you want to take a look. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Good Luck!

http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

The TruGrip look's interesting also, I hadn't seen it before. Look's more like grip tape, is it course or will it rub the skin if carrying IWB without a shirt between the grip and skin?

Thanks for the link, can you post a pic or two of your Glock with it on?

Ti

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I have had the gripall on my 23 for 11 years and love it.

Do you have a link to this type grip?

Any pic's you can post of yours?

Ti

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    George,

How does the adhesive backing hold to the polymer? Have you or your wife had any problems with it coming off or peeling at the ends? That would seem to be thee only concern I can see. It also looks very thin as I can see the Kahr logo through the grip.

Ti
    Ti, you can see the Kahr logo throught the grip. The grip is not real thick, but it doesn't really need to be. The grip show through because that is what the adhesive stuck to. The grip only sticks to the raised surfaces. We have had no peeling problems. The grip wraps around and overlaps where the fingers rest. I was careful to follow the instructions so that the overlap went the opposite way from the fingers. For a lefty I would have overlapped the other way.

You can see in the photo where the grip goes up next to the slide stop and around the mag release. Those are the places that I would have expected the grip to peel if it was going to and they are still tight. On the right side I had to trim just a bit to clear where the other end of the mag release pushed through when you dropped the mag. This was 30 second job with a utility knife. I pushed the mag release and used the utility knife to cut around the edges of the

The adhesive grips real well, but after I got it almost on I decided I needed to reposition it a little and it peeled right off. The line indicating where the overlap ended is visible in the photo below. In this photo you can also see where I trimmed for the right side of the release.

Our experience has been better than I expected with Agrip.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tellico View Post
    will be watching this thread, as I am considering the Agrip vs. a Hogue Handall Jr for my newly beloved PM9. Thanks to uber dry skin from being in the medical field (daily surgical scrub is evil), the aggressive detailing of the polymer makes my hand raw and gives my grip fingers blisters 1/2 way through a 100 round box, and even handling extensively for dryfire/drawing/etc. is not pleasant.

my pot/kettle peanut gallery take is that it is ugly as sin and I hate the feel of velour, but I may be ordering it this week anyway since it does what it does!
    It is not the best looking product I have ever seen, but this one may look especially ugly because my wife carries in a Coronado purse. The grips are always inside the little velcro holster that goes into the pocket of the purse. As for feel, I have to say that a bit of use takes some of the velour feel away. It feels more like flannel right now. I just tried it to come up with a good comparison. As I think about it suede may have been a better comparison for the original feel than velour.
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links