Do you use a pinkie extender?

This is a discussion on Do you use a pinkie extender? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have Pierce +0 extensions on 2 mags and factory floor plates on 2. I don't notice a difference in performance, but it is more ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a pinkie extender?

I have Pierce +0 extensions on 2 mags and factory floor plates on 2. I don't notice a difference in performance, but it is more comfortable to shoot. They make the mags a bit more difficult to carry (conceal) thanks to the added girth at the bottom. I think I'd consider using a G23 mag before I added the extensions.

Heads up--don't buy the extensions that add capacity. They are known to pop off if you mishandle the mag (personal experience), and with the smaller GLOCKs they have been known to cause feed issues. For this reason I went to the +0 extensions and they have worked well.

HK Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

2. Remove Ads

I like the extension and it gives more grip, but I carry without. I feel it is much easier to conceal without. I practice a few rounds at the range with no extension, and then I do most of my shooting with a full size G-20 mag in the gun.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I have 4 mags with the Glock +2 for the 26. I decided that I might as well get the 19 as the grip with the extensions is just about the same length. I now carry the 19.

No - my pinkie is long enough all by itself...

(sorry - I had too, could not resist....)

I carry an M&P9c with the flush bottom magazines. The only extensions I ever use are sleeves on the extended "fullsize" mags merely for capacity reasons, not a better or fuller grip. I am fortunate (or cursed) to have rather small hands and therefore do not need pinkie extensions.

VIP Member
    I've got an XD40SC and in the winter I do prefer to carry it with the larger mag. Not only because of the extra 3 rounds , but I can grip it better and quicker drawing. Summer, it's back to the smaller mag for easier concealment. I practice with both.

Yeah--I use the pinky extenders for my G27. I also have a 10 round G23, and a 13 round G23 mag I use in it also. Those two have the adapters as well. I already have a G22 and G17, and I'm not lacking in the size department either.

I use a Concealable Control GAP extension. The best fix for the sub compact Glocks.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I use the GAP extensions on my 26 and love them. Great for better control while shooting, provides for better retension and improves grip during the draw from holster. They do not extend the length of the grip where it prints. Great addition to the sub compacts..............
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No, I dont. Frankly, its kind of goofy to. Once the extender is added, you have close to the same grip length of the 19/23 models without the benefits of those models. I prefer to keep my small carry guns small carry guns.
    I carry one with my Glock 27. With what you mention above is why I miss my 23 so much. Which I will get another soon. I was looking for something smaller - but the 27, while is smaller, by the time you add the grip ext - you are bumping the size back up. But on the plus side - it does give those big hands a little more grip to play with.

Nope. If I can't get my full grip on a gun, I do not buy it. Control during firing is more important than any minute concealability I give up. I prefer control over concealment.

Your pinky is not to be on the bottom of the magazine. It's supposed to go on the frontstrap of the grip. That is just wrong in defensive handgun basics.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Nope. If I can't get my full grip on a gun, I do not buy it. Control during firing is more important than any minute concealability I give up. I prefer control over concealment.

Your pinky is not to be on the bottom of the magazine. It's supposed to go on the frontstrap of the grip. That is just wrong in defensive handgun basics.

YMMV.
    I'll see your point and I'll raise you the fact that I have complete control of my G27 with the GAP extension. Actually, I can go all in with control and concealability.

I respect your point though, it's like the holster game and finding and carrying what works for you.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I shouldn't have to alter the grip length to get a good grip, that is my point. If I pick up a stock gripped gun and can't get a full combat grip, it gets put back on the shelf and never thought about again. The 9/357/40 Glock subcompacts are in this category as are most Kahrs. The G29/30 grip is the smallest I can go with.

I started out picking guns based on concealability but quickly realized, after a Taurus snubby with full power 357 Magnum loads, that was a mistake. It should be able to be controlled well and that control was primary priority over all else. Ability to be fired at length results in long practice sessions which in turn builds confidence. That is a significant factor in defensive gun use but one of which cannot be quantified.

Wink Extender

After all these posts I've decided that it would be easier for me to just cut off my pinky!

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    After all these posts I've decided that it would be easier for me to just cut off my pinky!
    Then you really will need a pinky extension!

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links