Where do you keep your gun at night?

This is a discussion on Where do you keep your gun at night? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Usually still in the holster, that's still on the belt, that's still on my Levi's on the floor, along the side of my bed. No ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your gun at night?

Usually still in the holster, that's still on the belt, that's still on my Levi's on the floor, along the side of my bed.

No kids

2. Remove Ads

I have a DAC SportsSafe on each side of the bed. My wife keeps her .38 inside the safe, I normally lay mine on top when I go to bed. No kids or others in the house to worry about.

On the stand beside the bed along with my Surefire. No children to worry about.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

do I keep one handy ? Oh yeah....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I have a P220 about 18' from the bed and a SP101 inside a stocking cap on top my dresser which is three feet or so from the bed. Also my early warning system (120 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback) is usually on the bed. So.... I sleep pretty sound I might add!

Dave

Assistant Administrator
    No kids in house - all gone and growed up.

Mossy is close by but EDC is placed on floor just below where my arm drops naturally out from under covers .. I much prefer this to nightstand because it is less obvious sliding arm and hand toward floor and, if sleep-fumbing it ain't gonna get knocked and fall off anything!

I keep it oriented so that grips are in exact ideal position to get a hold. Close by it is a flashlight plus another flashlight on nightstand.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I am always surprised at the number of people who keep their loaded firearms under their pillow. Shows how much Hollweird has affected us!! Tactically I can't see this being a good idea, especially the way I sleep, nightstand or bed holster where the gun is stationary id a much better choice in my opinion. I have loaded guns all over the house, but my G23 is on my night stand everynight with my Streamlight right next to it. I have two kids 13 and 16 but both have grown up with firearms and I have no restrictions about having the guns where they have access to them. My son can shoot better than most adults I have seen. I don't recommend this for all households, it took years of drilling gun saftey into their heads and lots of lead down range before I could trust them.
    We all need to do what we feel comfortable with.
    NCH
    Hollywood has not affected me at all.....
    The way my room is set up my nightstand is door side and my bed is against the opposite 2 walls (not big enough to change this setup). If a bg were to come into my room I would prefer to reach away from him under the next pilow rather than toward them. Also I sleep on my stomach so i could unholster with out showing much movement.

Almost all upper mattresses of a bed have handles attached to them.
    I keep a 1911 .45 in an Uncle Mike's OWB holster that is clipped on the mattress handle. I can easily draw pistol with one hand from holster while still lying on my back. In the morning the sheets and blanket cover the pistol and holster when bed is made. (Don't have any children)

On second shelf of nightstand in holster...no kids, but when my niece comes over it gets locked in my dresser drawer. Not sure what I am going to do when I have kids...teach them gun safety and respect for guns early. My in-laws still think I am crazy for even having a gun so any time any of them are over, they all get put away.(can't have anything tempting me when the in-laws are around) ;-)
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Bedside table in drawer. I keep it the same place all the time so I a very aquainted with finding it. No small tricycle motors, but youngest son has moved back in while saving for school. He has a 12 gauge beside his bed. Worst scenario we plan around is cross fire. He is in one end of the house, me in the other.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Mossberg 500 with 5 in the magazine, ready to rack on a chest high shelf in the closet. The baby is in a crib (3 months old) and my wife takes the baby and retreats to the far corner from the doorway where my pistols are in an electronic safe. I lock myself out of the bedroom with the Mossberg and defend the hallway should the circumstances ever arise.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

No kids.

My colt GI,extra mag, and surefire rest in a drawer about a foot off of the ground right next to my side of the bed. There is a 12g strategically placed on the inner ridge of my closet door in my bedroom. Also, a P9 is placed in a hallway cabinet just in case I can't make it to the bedroom in time.

There are other spots but I will keep those to myself...
    I'm married to my Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by lopadrino79 View Post
    Hollywood has not affected me at all.....
    The way my room is set up my nightstand is door side and my bed is against the opposite 2 walls (not big enough to change this setup). If a bg were to come into my room I would prefer to reach away from him under the next pilow rather than toward them. Also I sleep on my stomach so i could unholster with out showing much movement.
    +1
    its the only way...
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

I've got a 4 finger touch controlled 2 handgun safe mounted to a permanent desk in our bed room. In it I've got a Baby Eagle .40 S&W with a Surefire mounted flashlight/laser mounted with an rail adapter. Since I've got a 6 year old son at home I either have a gun on me or in my big safes or the little one in the bed room. I'm looking forward to him being of age that I don't have to worry about having the gun out. Living in the country I don't like having my house gun locked up where I have to open a safe to get to it. Even if it is an easy 4 finger combo.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

No kids.
    Mine's on the nightstand right by my alarm clock. I can't put anything under my pillow, since a Boston Terrier sleeps on my pillow with me (one barking alarm). Also have an 85 lb german shepherd on the bed (another big barking alarm). And three other dogs in the bedroom and three more downstairs. I'm confident that there would be enough warning barks to get me moving before any threat could reach the bedroom. There were already many barks when the "bandit" raccoon decided to climb a tree next to our window.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links