Where do you keep your gun at night?

This is a discussion on Where do you keep your gun at night? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When you go to sleep, where do you keep your home defense gun? Also, do you have kids that could find it and how does ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your gun at night?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Where do you keep your gun at night?

When you go to sleep, where do you keep your home defense gun? Also, do you have kids that could find it and how does that affect your decision?

2. Remove Ads

Right next to me under a spare blanket, my folded pants for the next day, or under the pillow. Kids are not an issue.

Pump action 12 gauge wedged in the gap between the headboard of my bed and the wall. Easily accessible but you wouldn't see it unless you were specifically looking for it. No kids in the house but even if there were I doubt they'd see it, and I doubt they could get it out of there either.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Pete--can you easily/quickly access the weapon>>Do you have the space/stamina to be able to effectively weild/aim it?

I keep the carry peice I carried that day on my nightstand with a very handy large flashlight

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Pete--can you easily/quickly access the weapon>>Do you have the space/stamina to be able to effectively weild/aim it?
    I practice "drawing" it from this position. If I lean forward, it relieves pressure on the headboard and I can pull the gun out by the strap with a light tug. I'm confident accessing it wouldn't be a problem. It doesn't make much noise, either.
    On the other hand, wielding a pistol grip 12 gauge at 3 AM with a nice adrenaline rush could be a challenge, but what can you do except drill for it?

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

P239 with night sights and surefire E2D on the nightstand. Armalite M4 with tlr 1 in the near by closet. I carry all day every day.

My carry Para WartHawg is in its rig under the pillow next to me. My kel Tec Sub2000 is under the bed. None are cocked and locked since I have awaken with the gun relieved from it's holster and the under bed gun on top of the bed. The gun show comes to Rochester on Jan 5 and 6th so I will be adding a Mossberg Persuader with tactical light to my collection.

I keep my 642 on the night stand next to my phone and glasses. There is also a 12ga that lays next to the bed on my side all the time if I need it. You wouldn't be able to see it unless you walked around to my side of the bed and looked for it. My side is against the far wall in the bed room. I don't have any children that are walking yet, so as of right now it's not an issue. It is something, however, that has been on my mind a lot lately and I need to find a solution for. Basically I just need a safe for my long guns and a small electronic one for my handguns.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

g22 in a holster under my pillow. one in the pipe! right with my flashlight.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Under my pillow
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Ron
    I keep it in a mini gun safe right next to my night table, along with a Fenix flash light. I open the safe at night before we go to bed and close it in the morning so that my grandchildren, who visit us often can't get access to it. I have found that this works very well. I have immediate access to the gun and light, if needed at night, but keep the gun locked in the safe during the day.

My carry gun is usually on me during the day.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I use a gunvault on my nightstand. Not as fast as in the drawer or on the nightstand, but I'm terrified that someone could walk in while I sleep, pick up my gun and use it on me and my family. Rule #7 of gunfighting: Don't arm the adversery!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I am always surprised at the number of people who keep their loaded firearms under their pillow. Shows how much Hollweird has affected us!! Tactically I can't see this being a good idea, especially the way I sleep, nightstand or bed holster where the gun is stationary id a much better choice in my opinion. I have loaded guns all over the house, but my G23 is on my night stand everynight with my Streamlight right next to it. I have two kids 13 and 16 but both have grown up with firearms and I have no restrictions about having the guns where they have access to them. My son can shoot better than most adults I have seen. I don't recommend this for all households, it took years of drilling gun saftey into their heads and lots of lead down range before I could trust them.
    We all need to do what we feel comfortable with.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Within reach.

Ankle holster... unless the wife is in the mood.

Just kidding.

Wedged between the box spring and mattress with the butt sticking out. Cell phone on the night stand. I'm on the far side, away from the door. Roll off the bed for concealment, arm, identify threat, shoot if needed and / or call for back up.

The kids know how to handle firearms and are not sheep. We have a family plan.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links