Nighthawk Custom put something under my tree.

This is a discussion on Nighthawk Custom put something under my tree. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seeing all of the christmas present threads the past few days, I can't contain myself. Here is the newest addition to my collection, it is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeing all of the christmas present threads the past few days, I can't contain myself. Here is the newest addition to my collection, it is a Nighthawk Custom T3. It's purpose is as a concealed carry piece, however I'm almost too scared to carry this thing. I really want to but I don't want to get any marks or wear on it. Here are the pictures. The last picture of my first shots on target with the gun. As you can see I still have alot of practice ahead of me, and I'm still getting used to a single action trigger however I don't think it was too bad for the first couple mags with this gun.

That depends....if that was at 50 yards you are doing great!

Nice gun BTW!!! Don't worry too much about carrying it....I think I paid about 4 guns worth of money for my 1911 and I carry it all the time. The little holster wear and dings are just "character".

Austin

Excellent pictures, and a very nice looking gun.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    That depends....if that was at 50 yards you are doing great!

Nice gun BTW!!! Don't worry too much about carrying it....I think I paid about 4 guns worth of money for my 1911 and I carry it all the time. The little holster wear and dings are just "character".

Austin
    haha more like around 17-20 yards. Like I said I'm very new to single action triggers. Just a small squeeze and the gun fires, that is very foreign to me. I'm much more used to my XD where you have to pull the damn trigger an inch to reach the break. I'm off until the 2nd and would like to put nearly 100 rounds a day through this thing so I'll get the hang of it eventually. I'm sure I will get to a point where I won't mind alittle "character" but the gun is still very new to me and I'm still scared to look at it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Excellent pictures, and a very nice looking gun.
    thank you very much, fatboy.

VIP Member
    Nice 1911. Keep shooting you'll get used to it. Unfortunately it will ruin you for DAO forever. You'll never want to go back to the XD again. Well you'll hardly ever want to go back.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Nice 1911. Keep shooting you'll get used to it. Unfortunately it will ruin you for DAO forever. You'll never want to go back to the XD again. Well you'll hardly ever want to go back.
    Thats what I'm afraid of. I can already see symptoms. The T3 will never be my full time carry gun although if worst comes to worst I will sell the XD and get a Sig or something with a SA/DA trigger for everyday use.

Very nice gun and I am sure you will come to love single action. I wouldn't worry about carrying it, as you said it was built to be carried so let it live up to its potential in it intended purpose.

P.S. I know I don't know you, but I still find you myself hating you just a little. LOL
    The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference-they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

Very nice weapon...Congrats...

If you're really a little apprehensive about carrying it around, send it to me and I'll break it in for you...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great looking piece there, I particularly like the Heinie sights. I've been wanting a T3 for the past few months now! Carry it proudly and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDATC View Post
    Very nice gun and I am sure you will come to love single action. I wouldn't worry about carrying it, as you said it was built to be carried so let it live up to its potential in it intended purpose.

P.S. I know I don't know you, but I still find you myself hating you just a little. LOL
    Thanks. I will let it fulfill it's destiny shortly. As soon as I get accustomed to the SA and get a few more hundred rounds under my belt. As far as the P.S. goes, no hard feelings I would feel exactly the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Very nice weapon...Congrats...

If you're really a little apprehensive about carrying it around, send it to me and I'll break it in for you...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    Thanks alot man, I appreciate your gracious offer but I think I'll be able to handle it with enough practice, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raffysoriano View Post
    Great looking piece there, I particularly like the Heinie sights. I've been wanting a T3 for the past few months now! Carry it proudly and enjoy!
    thanks, I really like the sights as well. Go ahead and take the leap man you won't be disappointed, I guarantee. I will definitely carry it proudly and enjoy, thanks again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XD9mm View Post
    Thats what I'm afraid of. I can already see symptoms. The T3 will never be my full time carry gun although if worst comes to worst I will sell the XD and get a Sig or something with a SA/DA trigger for everyday use.
    Don't be too sure the T3 won't be your EDC gun. When I started I bought a SIG P239 because I figured I couldn't conceal a full-size pistol. Later when I got my K&D Laredo holster for the S&W 1066 I discovered that I can conceal a full-size 10mm steel frame and slide pistol. In fact I do just about everyday. The 1066 is my EDC pistol. When I get my Norinco 1911 finished I'm sure I will carry it some. I don't think it will be any more difficult to conceal than the 1066.

That said a SIG or CZ would be a nice carry gun.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    And all I got was a lump of coal!

Very nice indeed!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

thanks, Thumper.

What a beauty! I'd use that one as an EDC in a heartbeat. One of these days, I hope to get one of the really high-end 1911s. Nighthawk makes some great handguns.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I must say, that is a very sexy gun. I love the way 1911's look, feel and shoot so I may be biased in saying so.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links