Anyone carry the Kel Tec

This is a discussion on Anyone carry the Kel Tec within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They sell at the store, but they usually come back for repair, or for other small problems.. you might get a good one though....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone carry the Kel Tec

They sell at the store, but they usually come back for repair, or for other small problems.. you might get a good one though.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

I've got a P11 in hard chrome. It was my first weapon intended for CCW and is still the one I carry most often. Very reliable (1500ish rounds so far, ZERO problems), good capacity (KT sells a 12-round flush fit mag), small, and light. They can use +P ammo, but a steady diet of nothing but +P isn't recommended (you won't be wanting to fire 100 rounds of +P at the range anyhow). Easy to break down and clean, a lifetime warranty and good service. Recoil is snappy, but manageable and not painful. KD Holsters makes a great IWB holster for it too, I'm wearing one now and the gun literally disappears.

Accuracy is as good as can be expected from such a short barrel. Although the trigger won't be winning any awards, I think it's acceptable considering it's a DAO pistol and the trigger will smooth out some with use. KT sells a trigger shoe which helps the feel a lot. Add a trigger stop (pencil eraser) and KT's grip extension (maybe not for pocket carry) and it feels like a whole new gun.

You must have some big pockets though. IMO this gun is too big for pants-pockets. In a coat pocket yes, or maybe in cargo pockets.

I've got a P3AT too, now THAT'S a pocket gun! They seem to be a little hit-or-miss from the factory. Mine had to go back for extraction problems but is 100% now. My wife's (she had to have one too after seeing mine, it was just too cute) has been flawless out of the box.

Yes, I am a KT fan if you can't tell. I don't claim they're the best thing ever, but I do think they're the best value out there.

Tom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links