Anyone carry the Kel Tec

This is a discussion on Anyone carry the Kel Tec within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone carry the Kel teck p11 9mm. My main carry gun is a glock 19 which i love. Thinking about a pocket gun. couple of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry the Kel Tec

Anyone carry the Kel Tec

anyone carry the Kel teck p11 9mm. My main carry gun is a glock 19 which i love. Thinking about a pocket gun. couple of people i know carry it at times. Just wondering others opionons :swordfigh

2. Remove Ads

I dont have one but a few friends do and they seem to like them im sure someone has one here

You can find quite a bit of info here on Kel-Tec Owners Group (KTOG):
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

The folks who have them seem to be very satisfied with them. There are a large group of people who pocket carry them.

Does anyone here have, or used a SU-16? If so, how tight are the groups?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Several of my friends have one for their bug. I used to have one - no problems with it - very accurate - just wanted something else more and did a trade off. If I had been able at the time I'd kept the KelTec and bought the other straight out to have both.
    For God, Family and Country!

Used to carry a P-11 9mm as my BUG until I found the Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro in my favorite caliber of .45acp. This way I have unlimited ammunition of the same caliber. If one gun goes down the ammunition from it can be used in the other.

The Kel-Tec is now my nightstand gun. It fits very nicely into the pocket of my bathrobe that hangs off the bedpost at the head of my bed.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy
    anyone carry the Kel teck p11 9mm. My main carry gun is a glock 19 which i love. Thinking about a pocket gun. couple of people i know carry it at times. Just wondering others opionons :swordfigh
    My Father-in-Law has the 9mm P11. He likes it 'cause it was CHEAP and he's on the fixed budget of the retiree. I personally don't like the disassembly process (who do you think cleans POP's gun?) and I think the DAO trigger is incredibly gritty and unnecessarily heavy. My advice to you is to get a Glock M26 so you can then use Glock 19 and Glock 17 hi-cap mags as backups. That's one reason I got my Model 27 (for the M22 & M23 hi-caps). I wouldn't use the P11 for anything but a paperweight.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I carry a Keltec .32 , yes I know it's small but it sure is nice to have a gun on your hip that only weighs a little over 6 oz. The other day while riding my 4x4 in the woods, I came across a huge black snake stretched across my path up ahead . I didn't want to shoot him or kill him , I just wnated him to get out of my way so I wouldn't run over him as he seemed not wanting to move. I was a little over 40 ft. away so I thought that with the long hard trigger pull and not much of a sighting system, I would miss him and scare him with a dirt shot so I aimed right at him knowing (or at least thinking) I HAD to miss him with this little gun and not hurt him. NOT.. I aimed right at his mid section and hit him square on !! That little Keltec is pretty darn accurate !!
    Small bullet, but placement counts !!
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

When they first came out I bought one (I got a GREAT deal). I carried it in a home made pocket holster for a couple of years. I still have it and occasionally carry it when I can't carry my H&K. I've had no problems with it WITH FACTORY MAGS. It is an excellent "in your face" defensive gun. Get used to the trigger and you'll be fine.

I carry a P11 daily in a smartcarry rig. With this small, lightweight package, considering the gun/rig to carry with different types of clothing becomes a non-issue.

The Kel-tec is a great little gun. Mine goes bang every time, and feeds about anything. The _very_ long, gritty trigger takes some getting used to, as does the shorter grip. I highly recommend the finger-extension mag floor plates, if you've got average size hands.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Thanks for everyones answers great to see everones opinion. But Dumb ass meant the liitle 380 kel tec i have no idea why i types that.......sorry

I carry a P-11 most every day. It rides IWB by way of a KT pocket clip. It conceals very well on my big frame.

Mine works very well with hollow points, so I am happy with the P-11.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Well I used to carry the .380, or at least I was working on it. there is nothing that compares to the KelTec P3AT except the Kel-Tec P32. there are other pocket pistols, even in 9mm but they're heavy and fatter compared to the Kel-Tec .380. BUT, reliability is ahuge concern!!!!!!

Mine started out but performance quickly deteriorated. IMHO, I believe they've gone to the edge for this little gun. If they had more exact manufacturing standards and quality they could probably make this gun like it is, only reliable. However, they've worked hard to keep the cost way down but it shows. I believe the P32 is generally much more reliable.

If you get the .380 you have to beware that there are two generations of it out there. One has a regular extracter on it, the other has an extracter assembly that is held down by a big bolt. The one with the bolt is the one they call their second generation. they say the changes were all about cost but the fact that they changed the extracter setup ALOT is very telling. I can't say how much more reliable the 2nd generation is but If you're going to try this weapon, then I'd make sure I started with the 2nd generation.

Mine is at the factory again. I'll try it out when I get it back but I'm getting rid of it if It doesn't prove reliable and I just can't see how it can.

It makes me sick too becasue the size of it is absolutely perfect for a pocket gun when you just can't conceal anything else.

so beware if you go the KelTec .380 route.

God Bless
    Gideon

Kel-Tecs

I have both the P-11 and the P-3AT. Have had the P-11 for several years. I learned a lot about this gun from the ktog web site. My P-11 has several modifications suggested there. It has a Hogue handall jr grip sleeve, pinky extensions on all the mags, smooth trigger shoe, belt clip, and a full fluff and buff. Mine is completely reliable and quite accurate. I especially like the belt clip. When I am leaving the house I can just tuck it into my waist band under my belt but clipped over the top of my trousers on the strong side. If I'm wearing jeans I angle the belt clip through the side belt loop at an angle from front to back which keeps the pistol perfectly canted and prevents any shifting. It is very quick to draw from this position. It conceals very well under any untucked shirt or vest. No fooling with a holster. It is a great carry gun that does require some tweaking.
    I just recently got a P-3AT 2nd gen. What a great pocket pistol. Mine has been very reliable and shoots to point of aim at ten yards with about 3 inch groups. I carry it in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster in my front strong side pocket or in my right jacket pocket. It is even more concealable than the P-11. I also purchased two spare mags with the 1 shot mag extensions which gives room for one more finger to grip this little jewel. I can't believe how well it shoots considering the crude sights. Kel-Tecs are fun. Kel-Tec service is very good.

I always have a p32 with me in a pocket holster.

I've heard stories of these guns wearing out prematurely if fired frequently.

Anyone else hear this?
    The Marshmallowist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links