Islandtactical.com is having a blowout on H&K mags...

This is a discussion on Islandtactical.com is having a blowout on H&K mags... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know H&Ks aren't as popular as some other brands, but if you have an H&K handgun, islandtactical.com is selling 10 round mags for $10.99. ...

Thread: Islandtactical.com is having a blowout on H&K mags...

Senior Moderator

I know H&Ks aren't as popular as some other brands, but if you have an H&K handgun, islandtactical.com is selling 10 round mags for $10.99. I just ordered three.

Why would anyone want 10 round mags? Well, for under $11 apiece, I don't mind so much letting them fall to the ground when doing speed reloads. Also, the Lord willing, I'm going to Gunsite next summer with my new eyes (cataract surgery) and my H&K USP. The ten rounders will require me to reload more frequently than standard capacity mags (hi caps) and I'll be dropping $11 mags in the dirt, sand, chirt, and rocks instead of $35 mags.

I don't necessarily believe that if I'm in a gunfight that I'll have opportunity to speed reload, but I have found in training, running out of ammo in a drill is very disruptive and makes you think about how to solve an additional problem. It also helps to burn in, if the gun goes click, immediate action.

I could just download my hi caps to 9 or 10 rounds but then I'd be dropping $35 mags on the ground and for the price of one hi cap, I can get 3 ten rounders. I believe it's a good option.

Of course the negating thing with me is, by the time next summer rolls around I will have rotated back to one of my other favorite guns and won't even be able to use the ten rounders.

Administrator

Thumbs up Question For Tangle

I FOUND THEM
    Thanks Tangle.
    GOOD PRICE TANGLE!
    Get Em While They Got Em!
    ------------------------------------------------
    HERE IS A QUICK LINK FOR YA'ALL
    Link To Island Click Here

Senior Moderator
    Is this funny or what? Did you ever think we'd be excited about finding a "deal" on 10 round mags when hi caps are readily available?

Administrator

Thumbs up That Price

Is hard ta beat.
    At 10 smacks a High Quality Mag - Cripes!...They are almost (but not quite) disposable at that price!

Nice Find Tangle.

Yes, 10 round mags should absolutely be snatched up at that price and YES, your logic is "sound" -
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I ordered a bunch at wholesale (even cheaper) from a major unnamed distributor when they announced the blowout.

HK mags are *never* cheap in their handguns. They'll work fine for folks who need range mags or want a pile for a rainy day.

It'd be one thing if you could get USP mags used for $15 from the major distributors all day long, but well, it doesn't happen.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Is this funny or what? Did you ever think we'd be excited about finding a "deal" on 10 round mags when hi caps are readily available?
    I get excited if I find anthing from H&K that doesn't required a second mortgage. Thanks for the lead.

SSKC

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SSKC
    I get excited if I find anthing from H&K that doesn't required a second mortgage. Thanks for the lead.

SSKC
    LOL! I hear ya!

The three I ordered came in the other day; they are in fact, the genuine article, i.e. H&K 10 round mags. I haven't tried them out yet.

Sponsored Links