Sig 220 Carry ?????

Sig 220 Carry ?????

This is a discussion on Sig 220 Carry ????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SIG 220 CARRY , I bought one on a whim w/out realizing there is only an inch difference fromthe full size 220 ??? IMO it's ...

Thread: Sig 220 Carry ?????

Sig 220 Carry ?????

SIG 220 CARRY , I bought one on a whim w/out realizing there is only an inch difference fromthe full size 220 ??? IMO it's not any easier to conceal ? Just wondering what anybody thinks about it .
    Last edited by 45MINK; December 29th, 2007 at 05:39 PM. Reason: FORGOT WORDS

I'm in the 1911 world, but agree with you. It's not the barrel length, but the grip size/configuration that is the trick to proper concealment. That's what's making Bobtails so popular on full-grip 1911's. You get to keep the full grip and capacity, but eliminate the back corner which is so prone to printing. Here are two of my bobtails, a Brown and a Kimber.

Administrator
    A good holster will conceal it.
    It's a fantastic carry gun and the 220 is legendary for being ultra reliable, deadly tack-driving accurate and for feeding nearly every ammunition type flawlessly.
    Congrats on getting one for yourself.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I carry a P220 in Winter
    and
    A P245 in Summer

I love 'em both.

I bought one on a whim
    Cool! I resemble that remark! LOL I like the looks of those. I've had my P220R SAO for about a month now--I still haven't found the right carry rig for it wich would be OWB until spring, then---who knows? Sometimes our whims turn out to be good gut instincts. I don't see having much problem concealing my full size P220 in the future. You'll do okay, and if you think better of it later on--sure your current will go well in trade or sale. Good luck.

VIP Member
    AZ HUSKER, nice grips on the KOBRA. What kind of wood is it and where did you get them if you don't mind telling.

California Buckeye Burl, made by Hakan Pek in Norway.
    http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/
    Search his whole site, you'll find some amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    SIG 220 CARRY , I bought one on a whim w/out realizing there is only an inch difference fromthe full size 220 ??? IMO it's not any easier to conceal ? Just wondering what anybody thinks about it .
    Bingo!

The only time I "carry" my 220 Carry is to the range bag-the grip prints more than the barrel.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I easily conceal a Sig 226 under a tshirt in a VM2, and it's a wider grip. I'm 175/180 and 5'11". People are so used to a holster for every thing from knives to ipods to cell phones. No one ever even looks anymore at lumps under clothing.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

JPP
    Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    *** I've been through the SAME thing! Having carried for a year now, I wish I could go back and redo/rethink some gun purchases. The P220C is one of those I might not do again. Don't get me wrong.... LOVE the gun with its night sights and I have a thing for .45's...... but it is more of a house gun for me. I even met an engineer for Sig at Sturgis this summer and he agreed that it was really too big to carry comfortably. Very fun to shoot and Accurate as heck....... thought about trading it towards a Kimber Ultra...... but every single gun I've gotten rid of I later regretted letting it go. So I'll keep the Sig. I do carry it once in a while in the winter in my Sig Tac coat....... but it still feels like I'm carrying a small brick on that side.

JP
    Sig P239
    Sig P238
    Glock 17
    Glock 36
    S&W 60
    WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

no problem

i like the p220 carry size. commander size and equal with a kimber pro carry (except the sig is thicker). with a decent holster, it conceals just fine.

any untucked shirt or jacket will cover it fine. and yes, mine is SAO, cocked and locked.

VIP Member
    To me the P-220 Carry IS easier to conceal. Admittedly not a lot but still my favorite SIG to carry!

I use a VM-II as I do all my CCWs.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Sponsored Links