Rossi Revolvers???

This is a discussion on Rossi Revolvers??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Related to/one in the same as Taurus, They don't seem to be as "well polished" as a Taurus, well actually they ARE polished, in the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rossi Revolvers???

Related to/one in the same as Taurus,

They don't seem to be as "well polished" as a Taurus, well actually they ARE polished, in the physical sense, but they don't look or feel as high in quality..

I like a satin revolver anyways
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

2. Remove Ads

My Midway order came in the mail today, the Model 10-A HKS Speedloaders work with the Rossi 462.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

I guess I'll chime in

I just bought a Rossi 461 2" 357mag a few weeks ago. I took it to the range last week and you are right the trigger is not as smooth as a S&W but then again I only paid $268 out-the-door and that included 2 boxes of 38spcl ammo. I could not have bought half a S&W for that price. I like the fact that I can shoot 357mag or 38spcl+p loads through it. It has a lifetime warranty and if it didn't I could still afford to buy another one when and if it broke. But then again what do I know I am just a guy who LOVES guns.

devilmutt-thanks for the info about the speedloaders.
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

Quote Originally Posted by starshooter231 View Post
    I just bought a Rossi 461 2" 357mag a few weeks ago. I took it to the range last week and you are right the trigger is not as smooth as a S&W but then again I only paid $268 out-the-door and that included 2 boxes of 38spcl ammo. I could not have bought half a S&W for that price. I like the fact that I can shoot 357mag or 38spcl+p loads through it. It has a lifetime warranty and if it didn't I could still afford to buy another one when and if it broke. But then again what do I know I am just a guy who LOVES guns.

devilmutt-thanks for the info about the speedloaders.
    You're welcome.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

We have 2 Rossi revolvers. Both in .357 magnum. One a 4 inch stainless and the other a 2 inch stainless (model 643 with the rubber birds head grips. Very comfortable grips). Both have roughly 3,000 rounds through them and both are very good guns. Never given us a bit of trouble and either one I would trust my life to.

I think Rossi makes good Revolvers. And, actually, Rossi is now a subsidiary of Taurus. Taurus bought the Rossi Company a couple of years ago as I recall and they are now one and the same. Some of the original Rossi models remain but they are owned by Taurus now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

When my Revolvers are new I first clean and lube them. I then put some empty brass in and dry fire till my hands can't take it anymore. This has given me some very smooth trigger pulls. On a few of my Taurus Guns you would think they had trigger work done

Hey guys,
    So, I'm reading everyone's opinions about the Rossi's, S&W's and Taurus'. And I also see where some people say they are on a limited budget so they don't spend lots of money on a gun. If a Rossi brand new is $300+tax then you're spending about $325-$330. Might I suggest you guys try visiting some of your local pawn shops (if available). I live in Atlanta and we have a ton of pawn shops that sells guns. And, they negotiate on their prices too if you have cash. You can even set a price "Out The Door" where you don't pay tax over that price you set. A gun is a gun. New or used they are pretty much the same if the rifling is good and it's not totally trashed. I have bought S&W's for under $300. I just bought a Colt Detective Special Nickel .38 special for $200 bucks out the door. It needed a spring and detent to hold the cylinder in (I found them for $15 bucks total at Jack First Gun Parts) and I have a great carry .38 special I can shoot regular and +p out of (only for carry. practice with regular rounds at the range) and it's a Colt. .357's are a little bit more but not much. Especially if you negotiate. I hate to say it but I'm a revolver snob. I had a Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite blow up in my hand at the range and that did it for me. So that kills it for me for Taurus, Rossi, Charter Arms, Cobra, Hi-Point, Kel-Tec, etc. Stick with the folks that do it best. Colt, Ruger and S&W. I know, seems like you might spend more but it'll be worth it. Another example, I got a blued Ruger Security Six .357 nice condition with the original and Hogue grips for $325.00 out the door. I understand I'm in Atlanta and competition is probably a lot more than where you guys may be. But keep looking. Check Armslist.com and look for local deals. Get a "Quality" built and made firearm. You'll be happier in the end.

This tread is 6 years old

Get a Ruger or a Smith and then you don't have to worry whether or not you made a good decision.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood63 View Post
    This tread is 6 years old
    Frankenthread.

- Stonewall Jackson

That is pretty old. I intially commented before I knew just how old it was. I wonder what the oldest relevant thread we could dredge up would be???

- Stonewall Jackson

I have a couple of the older Rossi guns. both model 887 Stainless steel 2 inch 357 Mag snubbies. The K Frame speed loaders work on them, but S&W grips don''t ..K frame holsters work too.
    Decent quality gun for the money.. I WOULDN'T buy a newer one though. Braztec I think.. we had one come it, and it's fit and finish wasn't good. It was priced right, and it sold real quick.. it may have been taken apart by a knucklehead and not put back as good as I would. (sideplate wasn't flush fitted right)
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I have a m88 that I bought over 20 years ago. It's a 5 shot snub
    38spl. In 0ver 20 years I probably have less than 200 rounds through it. I don't care for pocket carry guns and I don't buy them but on occasion, when the need arose, I have carried this little Rossi in my pocket. I think it was under $200 new. It is what it is and I see no reliability concerns but wouldn't shoot +Ps in it.
    I have a 40 year old Rossi 38 Special snub nose. I obtained it in the 1960s. I had not shot it for 30 years until a few months ago. My neighbor gave me a box of cartridges and I shot about half the box. It kicked heavily. A couple of rounds jammed the cylinder from rotating. Upon subsequent examination I saw flattened primers and the two cartridges that jammed had perforated primers - obvious signs of excessive pressure. I then examined the cartridge box and saw that it was labeled +P. I missed that - my bad!

The point of my writing this is to point out that the Rossi handled the +P without damage to the revolver or me. I intend to donate the remaking 1/2 box of +P to someone that can use them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Junk. Taurus took them over in 1989 or 1990. Can't get parts for the old ones prior to 1990. Taurus refuses warranty work on the ones that were made prior to the takeover. Those were the Interarms Miami imported ones. So good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links