Range Report CZ40P

This is a discussion on Range Report CZ40P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my CZ40P yesterday and today was my first day to shoot it. Overall I like the gun very much it was accurate ...

Thread: Range Report CZ40P

Range Report CZ40P

I just got my CZ40P yesterday and today was my first day to shoot it. Overall I like the gun very much it was accurate and seemed to function well. I did have 4 or 5 FTF but contribute that to pulling out of the box and shooting it. I cleaned up well tonight and will shoot it sometime soon. Hopefully that will solve feed problem. I would like to get any an IWB holster has anyone had luck finding any?

2. Remove Ads

Nice carry gun you have there. I also hope it runs better cleaned up and lubed for you, the ones I have encountered ran well.

Try http://www.ubgholsters.com/products.html

For a holster.

VIP Member
    You might have a hard time finding a holster that fits it. It is considered a "Frankengun". Made using the P-01 frame with a 40B slide. You might look at something made for a Sig 229. I know my P-01 and P-06 fit perfectly in a Sig 229/226 holster.
    Last edited by archer51; December 31st, 2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My son't needed a 50 round break in period. Lube correctly. Use an Uncle Mike's sleeve for a while IWB. Go to the holster section and do a search, my son likes OWB and his is a Gould and Goodrich.

I've had my 40P for several years now - it's one of the first 500 - and have been more than pleased with it. I paid $269 for mine NIB and consider it almost () criminal that I "stole" it for that price.

CZ's, as well as most of their clones, are VERY good guns and probably the best value for the money you can find. Even Mr. 1911 himself, Col. Cooper, said he thought the CZ design was one of the best ever and the Bren 10 (on his suggestion) was modeled after the CZ. I have over two dozen pistols, of which only two are chambered for the 40 S&W... both are CZ's. Well, actually one is a Witness, but it's more CZ than some CZ's! BTW, the magazine in my 40P (see the photo below) is from a CZ compact 40 and is not the stock mag.

"... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Try a holster made for a springfield xd. I have a desantis owb for my 40p that fits very well.

I just got back from the range and the gun preformed flawlessly. I put about 100 rounds through the gun. I think the first cleaning was what it needed.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Man,I miss my CZ40P. That aws my first ever handgun. Best thing I ever did with it was replace the plastic guide rail (was bent) with a full-lengh Nitride unit,and replace the factory slide bushing(still have some after market ones,actuallly.),definitely helped ALOT with the FTFs,...Never had a FTE. My CZ seemed to really not like cycling Speer Gold Dot ammo.

I will say, stick with factory mags. Yes that little extra base plate is annoying,but the promags I had for mine were great the first range time,....And thats about it, lol.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Where did you get the Nitride unit and slide bushing from?

Links