Snubbies, Snubbies, Snubbies...I love our stable of Snubbies

This is a discussion on Snubbies, Snubbies, Snubbies...I love our stable of Snubbies within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Really nice lineup, Randy. My favorite snubbies are Colt D-frames, but I really want to add a Smith J-Frame, as well. My young bride has ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snubbies, Snubbies, Snubbies...I love our stable of Snubbies

Really nice lineup, Randy. My favorite snubbies are Colt D-frames, but I really want to add a Smith J-Frame, as well. My young bride has a Smith 10-5, and I'd also like to add a 2" or 3" in that platform. It's a very sweet shooter.

I sold my Detective Special years ago and regretted it ever after. Finally got a replacement for it last October - 1997 model, new in box. Great handgun, certified for +P.

The Colt Lawman in 2" would be another pony to add to the stable.

I regularly carry the Dick Special in a Bianchi model 100 IWB, with a speed loader in a pocket.

My birthday present to my young bride last year - Colt Cobra.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    rodc13:

Those make a nice pair of Colts. I am self-employed, and waiting for my next ship to come in. When it does, I am going to go fetch up that Detective Special I put on layaway.

BTW, I planned on putting a Pachmayr grip on mine like you've got on yours (the grips it has on there look to be original, and have not been, shall we say, well taken care of). In fact, I've already gotten the Pachy grip.

How's that for hopeless, incurable gun-nuttery: get accessories ('cause they're cheaper) before you get the gun itself....

I need help, but I don't want it....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I know exactly what you mean, Randy!

The Pachmayr grips are very comfortable, for carrying and for shooting -- plenty of room for a full grip, but still keeping a thin profile. The Dick Special came with those standard in 1997.

I always liked the wood stocks on the later model D-frames also (like on my wife's Cobra), and plan to pick up a set when I find some in good shape. There are always a couple of folks selling all manner, size and shape grips at the gun show here.

I think one of the great appeals of the snub-nose revolver is the great sense of value imparted. It's a weapon that you know, without a doubt, it will be reliable, and will perform exactly as you expect, first time, every time. I have complete confidence in its ability to get the job done.

And there's not a thing wrong with a weapon that feels great and looks great, too!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I think one of the great appeals of the snub-nose revolver is the great sense of value imparted. It's a weapon that you know, without a doubt, it will be reliable, and will perform exactly as you expect, first time, every time. I have complete confidence in its ability to get the job done.

And there's not a thing wrong with a weapon that feels great and looks great, too!
    The essence of why most of us love snubbies, very well expressed in four sentences. Bravo!

rd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links