Sig Pro SP2022?

Sig Pro SP2022?

This is a discussion on Sig Pro SP2022? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about getting a Sig and was looking at the Sig pro SP2022. Does anyone have any experience with the Sig pro series. And if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Pro SP2022?

Sig Pro SP2022?

Thinking about getting a Sig and was looking at the Sig pro SP2022. Does anyone have any experience with the Sig pro series. And if so I would like some input on them. Are they just as reliable as other Sig models?
    Attached Images

Hi there,

I'm a new member but I own a Sigpro 2340 which is for all intents and purposes the same as the Sigpro 2022 except that the 2022 has some updates (like a standardized rail).

I LOVE my 2340. Its the only gun that I carry and its been extremely accurate and reliable. I love the trigger. I don't have any other gun that has such a smooth feeling trigger as my Sigpro.

For more info, you could go here:
    http://lundestudio.com/SigProFAQ/

Thats the faq on the sig pro. A very under appreciated gun that is usually a bargain because most Sig fans only want metal framed sigs. But for a much cheaper price, you can get the same trigger as a "real" sig.

Mine is a 40cal and because of that, I could put a 9mm barrel on it if I wanted to.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    If it feels good, get it. Sig 220's in general are one of the best guns that Sig has to offer in my opinion.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Ok, first off, I do not own a polymer Sig, nor have I ever shot one, but I briefly considered it as my first firearm purchase. I did a little research and found too many posts on forums saying that the polymer Sigs just weren't up to par with the rest of their guns, and that they weren't as reliable. I'm not going to take the risk, but you should see what other people say, and look around for other resources too.

I own a 2022 and it is as reliable as any other SIG.
    It has a better trigger than most DA/SA pistols.
    The SIG_PRO I have is very accurate.
    It is my everyday carry weapon.
    For more details on the 2022 see SIG Forums.
    I did not learn this from the internet, but by real experience.

Later,
    Doug

Our local PD carries the sigpro. I like the feel of them. A friend of mine is a state trooper and carries one off duty, they issue the Smith 4566. The people I have talked to like theirs. I think it just came out during the height of the Glock revolution and got overlooked. It is a Sig....I do not think there will be a real issue with quality, just whether it fits your personal taste.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    I'm a Sig fan, and we had done extensive testing (3 years worth) and found that the P series was the better gun.
    The Pros are good guns, but the P series is a little more refined and better built. I dont think it would be a mistake for you to buy a Pro, but it is not the cream of the crop just beacuse it carries the Sig name.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by ellerblr View Post
    Ok, first off, I do not own a polymer Sig, nor have I ever shot one, but I briefly considered it as my first firearm purchase. I did a little research and found too many posts on forums saying that the polymer Sigs just weren't up to par with the rest of their guns, and that they weren't as reliable. I'm not going to take the risk, but you should see what other people say, and look around for other resources too.
    Most Sig fanatics only think that the P-series(metal ones) are the only Sigs and therefore bad mouth the Pro-series. I have never read about any problems with the Pros. Hell, Bruce Grey, famous Sig Armourer and LEO, carries a SigPro. If that is not enough of an endorsement, then I do not know what is.

I have a Pro series and have done exstensive comparing to the 226 & 229 and the Pro has a better feel, trigger, and accuracy the the others, IMO and my 2 buddies opinions that own the 226 & 229. The biggest problems that I have found is that there are not alot of holsters for it.

Quote Originally Posted by utarch00 View Post
    The biggest problems that I have found is that there are not alot of holsters for it.
    Thats why I just shove mine in my pocket when I go places.

What kind of pocket do you shove a sigpro in to? WOW.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    What kind of pocket do you shove a sigpro in to? WOW.
    Fat guy pocket. :)

About a month ago, I was at my local indoor range/gun store. I wanted to look at a little k-tel for carry purposes. They have a policy of not allowing guns to be handled anywhere besides behind the counter pointing down a hallway. So I asked to look at this little gun and went behind the counter. I then asked him if I could put the gun in my pocket and he said yes. So I asked him to take my gun from me since mine was in my pocket and so I gave him my Sigpro. He looked at me like I was nuts. He was like "How the hell do you carry that thing?"

"Fat guy pockets."

I owned a 2340. It was a great shooter, just not my cup of tea for concealed carry.
    If death is what we fear, our freedoms were never realized.

New Member Array Gary_in_Pennsylvania's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobotech View Post
    Thats why I just shove mine in my pocket when I go places.

Sheesh! Maybe if you're Yao Ming!!!

I had a SigPro .40 with a .357sig extra barrel. I ended up selling it.
    GREAT TRIGGER! Reeeeal stiff decocker. And it was an awfully fat grip. Not Glock-ish square....just really fat. Tough if you wanna CC and not print obvious etc...

But I wish I had it back!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Defination of a great gun: "The one you wished you hadn't sold"

I've carried a Sig Pro 2022 in a Crossbreed holster every day for a year and a half. I love everything about it. I have no reason to change to even think about changing to anything. I've fired well over a thousand rounds out of mine with out a single FTF or FTE. It's also lighter then the all steel Sigs. The grip is kind of fat but in the Crossbreed holster that is not a big deal. The trigger is great both in DA and SA. The only thing I would think about switching to would be the Sig 250 in .40 S&W when it comes out but only if I could get it with a DA/SA trigger instead of the DA only trigger.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links