New PPK grips.

New PPK grips.

This is a discussion on New PPK grips. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking at the Hogue replacement grips for my PPK at MidwayUSA lately. The original grips felt cheap and actually flexed if I gripped ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PPK grips.

New PPK grips.

I've been looking at the Hogue replacement grips for my PPK at MidwayUSA lately. The original grips felt cheap and actually flexed if I gripped it tight so I didn't think they'd hold up long. Well, I happened to get lucky and catch them in stock last week - they usually have them listed as "special order, 90 days."

I decided on smooth Kingwood and they really dress up the pop gun nicely. They're a bit thicker than the original grips so they fill my hand better but they might also print more in a pocket holster, I'll have to see about that. Anyway, here's before and after pics ... gotta love Midway!

Jack

wow, that gun looks way better with those grips. Very classy.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

VIP Member
    They sure do dress up that weapon. They look nice.

I like wood. looks much nicer
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

They do look a lot better but they also seem to be pretty thick as well. Nice pistol.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Is that the Interarms or the Smith?

VIP Member
    Those grips look so excellent, I ordered a pair for my PPK, but it looks like they are on backorder again.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Wow, Jack! They make it look like a whole different gun. Nice.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Thanks guys, I really like the Kingwood so I might try a set for the 642 one of these days.

To answer a few questions:
    - Mine is the Walther/S&W version. The extended grip tang is the biggest telling attribute.
    - Yep, the grips are thicker now. I wanted to compare them to my j-frame's cylinder but my calipers aren't working right now.
    - PPK Heat: The checkered versions of most grips were listed as out of stock when I ordered mine but the smooth Kingwood, and rosewood I think, were available.
    Jack

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Thanks guys, I really like the Kingwood so I might try a set for the 642 one of these days.

To answer a few questions:
    - Mine is the Walther/S&W version. The extended grip tang is the biggest telling attribute.
    - Yep, the grips are thicker now. I wanted to compare them to my j-frame's cylinder but my calipers aren't working right now.
    - PPK Heat: The checkered versions of most grips were listed as out of stock when I ordered mine but the smooth Kingwood, and rosewood I think, were available.
    Jack
    I ordered the smooth version just like yours, but everything indicated on their website said it was back-ordered. That's okay I can wait. Thanks for posting, your choice will make my PPK look better too.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quite the change...great look!

Stay armed...have class...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's like a totally different gun. I bet that if those were in the display case like that they would fly out to doors much more on the look’s alone.

Amazing difference, great choice.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Nice Grips, and your choice of ammo is also very good. Care to comment on why you chose Double Tap .380?

Thanks Clarkston:
    I'm currently carrying Cor-bon's DPX in my Glock 19 - they're good but pricey. Comparing the ballistics of DPX and DT loads, there doesn't seem to be a significant difference in muzzle velocity or energy and user reports are good for both loads - though I do wish DT would develop loads using the Barnes bullets.

The deciding factor "for me" comes down to price: 20 rounds of DPX costs me roughly $24 (with my C&R discount) but for about $2 more I can get 50 rounds of Double Tap. I'm on a small fixed income so that cost savings really makes a difference, especially if I want to practice with my carry loads. As I use up my current carry ammo I'll be switching to DT for all my guns: .380acp, .38spl, 9mm and .45acp.
    Jack

I have those grips on my Hi-Power that I ordered from Hogue. I love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links