HK or Glock?

This is a discussion on HK or Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted the most reliable gun there was and made my purchase of a full sized HK USP .45, now my wife got her a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK or Glock?

HK or Glock?

I wanted the most reliable gun there was and made my purchase of a full sized HK USP .45, now my wife got her a G30. man, this thing is smaller than the HK, there is nothing along the slide sticking out such as slide release or safety, the slide is much easier on the Glock to dis assemble, it holds the same number of rounds as mine but the Glock grip is considerably shorter, much easier to conceal than my HK. What should I do?? I am wondering if I should sell mine, trade it in, or keep it. We will be shooting it for the first time tomorrow so I will see how accurate it is. The G30 has a polygonal barrel same as my HK, so I am assuming it should be as accurate.
    Decisions
    Decisions
    Decisions
    Anyone got an asprin? I got a head ache!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I personally prefer the GLOCK but BOTH being fine weapons,....I'd say,keep the HK and get yourself another glock for the stable!

(cause we all know money for firearms grows on trees)

EDIT: Wait until you at least shoot both of them before making a final decision (sell/keep/trade) you might be surprised after a couple rounds

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Choose the one that fits your hands the best and points naturally.

Glocks don't fit or point naturally for me.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

If you think the G-30 is comfortable...just HOLD the G-36
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you think the G-30 is comfortable...just HOLD the G-36
    What caliber is the G36??
    Think twice
    Buy once!

G36 is a single stack .45

To the original topic- I have owned both and I like Glock better. (alot better)
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

id say go to a range where you can try both.see what works best
    for ya.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I wanted the most reliable gun there was and made my purchase of a full sized HK USP .45, now my wife got her a G30. man, this thing is smaller than the HK, there is nothing along the slide sticking out such as slide release or safety, the slide is much easier on the Glock to dis assemble, it holds the same number of rounds as mine but the Glock grip is considerably shorter, much easier to conceal than my HK. What should I do?? I am wondering if I should sell mine, trade it in, or keep it. We will be shooting it for the first time tomorrow so I will see how accurate it is. The G30 has a polygonal barrel same as my HK, so I am assuming it should be as accurate.
    That pretty much is the way I look at the Glock as well and some of the reasons why I like it so much. I also have the G30 and carry the G30. I personally like the gun with as little safety stuff on it as possible, the grip angle and size are just fine for me, I feel it also points naturally as well. I view the HK's like it's a Mercedes, Great car/gun but complicated with a lot of parts and any acessories, parts, mags are high dollar and the HK has probably double or better the amount of parts than the Glock does.

There is also a lot to be said about you and your wife carrying the same gun's. As your mag's will work in both and you can then do some quick exchanging if need be.

Personally, if you can I'd keep the HK but buy and carry the Glock, G30. If you can't that's fine too, I'd still sell the HK out right, not trade it in and then get the G30.

The G30 is hard to beat and I think you are seeing and understanding why looking over your wifes gun and when you shoot it you will be sold.

Keep the HK and add another to the collection if need be. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I'd say,keep the HK and get yourself another glock for the stable!
    The best advice has already been given.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Have you tried SIG P220 in 45 ACP ?

Have you tried Springfield XD Series in 45 ACP ? 4 or 5 inch barrels, compact, etc

Have you tried PARA ORD single or double stck mags with LDA trigger set-up in 45 ACP ?

Have you tried KAHR in 45 ACP - single stack ?

all of these are good to go for personal protection on the street or in the house or on the range - there are other cal's - 9mm, 40 S&W, and 357 SIG

Definitely fire both before deciding on one or the other. If concealed carry is your primary use, I don't think there's anyone in their right mind who would say that a full size HK45 is easy to conceal. But I agree that if you fire your wife's Glock 30 well, get him a twin brother. I will mention that when you fire them tommorow, make sure you fire at multiple distances. I have Glocks, Sigs, HK's, and a family of 1911's (what can I say, they breed like rabbits). Our range has 7, 15, and 25 yards for the pistol ranges, and we have an IDPA pistol course. Shooting static at 7 yards, all of them seem equivalent when I shoot them. However, at 15 and 25 yards, and then on the IDPA course, the differences come out in a BIG way for me (which in reference to this thread, at greater distance or on the pistol course, my marksmanship with my HK's obliterates my performance with my Glocks...mostly because I am one of the folks who finds that Glocks don't point naturally for me and so I end up forcing my mechanics). For your goal of reliability, I'm quite sure you won't have any problems given the candidates you're considering. Have fun on the range!

Administrator
    A person has to really try to not like the Glock. They are simply, inexpensive, light and dead reliable with the best customer support there is.

All I say about HK is; I told you so.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Just a thought... for everyone who talks about Glocks not fitting and/or not pointing naturally, there are plenty of places that do grip reductions on Glocks, which includes taking off the back hump so they point more like a 1911. I'm having a Glock 19 modified right now by Southwest Shooting Authority (formerly Ross Sporting Goods). Even with the price of the mods, the G19 is still cheaper than a comparable H&K.

I'll post a review when I get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links