Proud new owner of a Sig P232

This is a discussion on Proud new owner of a Sig P232 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm the proud owner of a new Sig P232 - my birthday present to myself! I got the Nitron finish model. Its my first sig. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

I'm the proud owner of a new Sig P232 - my birthday present to myself!

I got the Nitron finish model. Its my first sig. I took it to the range yesterday and all I can say is wow! Compared to my S&W/Walther PPK/S, its a better shooting pistol, hands down. I was able to shoot much tighter groups with the Sig than with the PPK/S. Not a single misfeed or failure to fire in 150 rounds. Thats more than I can say for the PPK/S.

I also worked on some up close and personal shooting from 3 feet. The sig is very instinctive, alot like the j frame. Shoots to point of aim very nicely.

Between the P232 and the PPK/S, the P232 is just slightly longer and taller. The big difference is in the grip area, which is wider. I did notice the P232 is more confortable to carry IWB - something about the grip and frame angles seem more rounded, they don't poke as much as the PPK/S.

Now I'm wondering if I should get rid of my Walther PPK/S since the P232 shoots better and is more reliable?

JD
    Administrator
    I'd hang onto the PPK/s for a while, it's always nice to have two small guns as opposed to one small gun, maybe get an ankle rig for the PPK/s to supplement the carry of the Sig.

Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Great choice on a nice smallish gun, would love to have another P232 someday.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

Keep the Walther! Keep shooting it too. Having skills with different weapons is a good thing!
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Congrats on the Sig, a very nice pistol. Keep the PPK/S, it's a classic and besides...they make such a cute couple.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Congrats ctr!
    The P232 is an excellant small carry piece.
    Here, in the broiling sweaty hell that is South Florida,and keeping clothes to a minimum, I find myself more often than not going for the SIG rather than my larger pieces.
    Accurate and comfortable!
    BOBW!!

ripley,
    What is that neon finish on your SIG?????
    Did you lose a bet or something?
    Criminals are not dissuaded by soft words, soft judges or easy laws. They are dissuaded by fear and they are prevented from repeating their crimes by death or by incarceration.

ripley,
    What is that neon finish on your SIG?????
    Did you lose a bet or something?
    That is one of the guns of the month deals Sig ran in 2005. It's pretty nice in person and I got an incredible deal on it. It's called Rainbow Titanium. Sig did the 239 also.

Congrats on one of the best 380's ever made. I have the SL model with factory night sights. If you don't already have the Hogue grips, they can solve the "bite" some get from the P232/230. Try the new Corbon DPX ammo, I am very impressed with these rounds. I bought mine for pocket carry, but found it to large except for cargo pants. I was going to sell it after buying my ideal pocket gun , "my guardians", but I just can't part with it. Besides my daughter wants it for her first CC gun, she is 14!!!
    Here are some pics of mine.
    With the Guardian:

By itself:

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

ctr,
    For a night on the town in tux and tails, don't forget the Nill grips.
    Last edited by JD; January 7th, 2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Cleaned up image tags.

I have the older P230, carried it many years as BUG
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    I decided to keep one of the Walthers, but will likely trade the other one. Yesterday was my first day with the P232. It carries comfortably IWB with a Bianchi Professional. Slightly bulkier than the PPK/S, but more comfortable.

Still, I can see times when the Walther will still have a place as a pocket carry piece.

VIP Member
    Congratulations! I had a P232 a few years back and miss it. I had an Interarms PPK/S before that, and the P232 beat it too, hands down.

I actually like that rainbow titanium version. Get a rainbow titanium Kershaw Leek, and you've got a matching gun/knife pair.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I have always been impressed with Sigs quality and the P232 looks like a very nice pistol.

My sig 232 is my church carry in a IWB holster. Very reliable and accurate, no problem whatsoever with 500 rounds down range without cleaning! Very good gun you got there. Yep, keep the ppk's they are good to have around too.

I have a Glock 23 and it has proved too bulky and uncomfortable for consistent IWB carry. The Sig P232 is at the top of my list of more IWB friendly guns to try. One thing I'm curious about is the transition from DAO to D/SAO, has anyone done such a transition from two disimilar weapons?

Also, does anyone know if Sig plans to make a DAK 232? I will probably just have to try out the 232 and see how I handle it.

Glad to hear about the good birthday present, sounds awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links