Defensive Carry banner

CWL Finally arrived!

826 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BigEFan 
#1 ·
Only took a few weeks but my FL license finally came today!

Currently just have an old 5 shot revolver (looks to be an old Rossi) I took from my father, but will be going to a couple local shops here in the next day or two to see what they have available for a carry weapon.

Possibly looking at a new Bersa .380, have seen that people generally tend to be happy with it, seems to shoot well, and is well priced, but I may want something a little more powerful as it will be my main handgun for carry and for home use. So may look and see what's available in something like a Glock 26 or a small Sig.

Last time I was in a shop they showed me one of those new Skyy 9mm, just seemed a little too light and I've been reading various reliability issues with it online, not sure I want to deal with that and/or trust my life to it.

Any other advice or recs for a small/compact 9mm that won't cost an arm and a leg?

#2 ·
Congrats...

on becoming another 'legally armed' Floridian!:congrats:

#5 ·
on becoming another 'legally armed' Floridian!:congrats:
Thanks! Born and raised here and would like to stay planted here, and now the need to protect the wife along with a recent move prompted me to finally get the permit.

Have some LEOs (one of them is into guns) so may have to do a little traveling to go shooting w/ them next time I'm in their area to help narrow down the choice.

#4 ·
Congratulations! :35:

Only advise I can offer that's worth a hoot...

Practice, Practice, Practice! :yup:

#9 ·
Congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.