My Sig 229

My Sig 229

This is a discussion on My Sig 229 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, as some of you know, I bought a Sig P6/225 and had some problems with it and traded it back for a Sig 229 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sig 229

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

My Sig 229

Well, as some of you know, I bought a Sig P6/225 and had some problems with it and traded it back for a Sig 229 that is Sig certified pre-owned. I took the 229 out shooting, and it shoots like a dream, once I broke in the new barrel. The first couple of rounds couldn't make the corner into the pipe. Nice tight grouping on my first magazine. Of course, I had to put some Hogue grips on it. Here's a pic of it along with my 4506.

Ya' gotta' nice pair there...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The P228/229 is, without a doubt, one of the very best fighting/concealed handguns ever made. Congrats.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Ya' gotta' nice pair there...
    Thanks, I don't get to show my pair in public. So taking pictures and posting my pair on the internet is all I can do.

OPFOR, I am definitely coming around. The 229 fits in my hand so nicely, and now that I put the Hogue grips on it, it feels like it's part of my hand. I just bought 450 rounds of .40 ammo for this weekend. I can't wait.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The only issues I am noticing with my 229 Elite is that the mag release is a bit hard to reach comfortable and the wood grips cause my thumb to sit on the slide release, I suspect I will overcome both issues with more shooting.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    OPFOR, I am definitely coming around. The 229 fits in my hand so nicely, and now that I put the Hogue grips on it, it feels like it's part of my hand. I just bought 450 rounds of .40 ammo for this weekend. I can't wait.
    The Houge grips are great. I put a pair on my 239 and it felt like they just melted to fit my hand. I haven't decided on whether to swap out my 229 yet since the factory grips on it are pretty comfy to me.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    The Houge grips are great. I put a pair on my 239 and it felt like they just melted to fit my hand. I haven't decided on whether to swap out my 229 yet since the factory grips on it are pretty comfy to me.

I liked the factory grips on the 229 too but I changed them anyways because I love what they did for my 4506. Where the original grips were comfortable, the Hogue grips are just unbelievable. You should definitely try them, you won't be disappointed.

VIP Member
    +1 on the Hogues. They are "grabby" on some cover garments, but are just plain comfortable to handle/shoot.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member
    Really a great pair! I just bought a used Sig Equinox and can't wait to get it to the range. If looks and feel are anything, I am two thirds the way home to the nicest firearm I ever owned! I ordered a McDaniel II for it. First time I sprung for a really good holster.
    Oh, and I sold a 3906 last year that has been a real regret. Just did not know what a gem I had. Newbieitus.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    +1 on the Hogues. They are "grabby" on some cover garments, but are just plain comfortable to handle/shoot.
    Yup! That's the little hesitation I have, but like I said, I love them on my 239.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I'm a big fan of Sig grips.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

My P229R was perfect right out of the box . Couldn't ask for a better hand gun.
    An Armed Society is a Polite Society.

Quote Originally Posted by c5cruiser View Post
    My P229R was perfect right out of the box . Couldn't ask for a better hand gun.
    +1 on that! Ever since I got my P229R, I have lusted for other guns too but I will never trade or sell my 229! Perhaps it's because it was my first gun too.

Stock Sig grips

I think that stock Sig grips are just about perfect. I have two Sigs and have bought aftermarket grip panels, but keep returning to the stock grips because they fit my hand so well.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I've been trying to decide whether or not to get a set of Hogue grips for my 229. I don't want it to be any wider than it is. Do the grips make it a little "thicker"?
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links