Defensive Carry banner

Kimber Eclipse Pro Target Range Report

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kimberbp22 
#1 ·
Today I took my kimber out for its first time to the range. My background with 1911's is rather limited, because I've always prefered other pistols in 9mm. I have a colt officers model 80 series that I like, but doesn't have the reliablility I demand in a carry weapon. At 15 yards I was surprised to have all 9 rounds in a tight grouping in the center of the target with the first mag through it. After the first 100 rounds I could see why this pistol demands around $1000. I shot a total of 250 230gr. remington umc and 50 200gr. speer gold dot +p at 6 targets. Each target I put 50 shots in, and each target had a hole about 2-3 inchs wide dead in the center. The gun took all this with no malfunctions. The action of this gun is very smooth, and the trigger is the best I've ever had on a pistol. Cosmetically the gun is second to none in my opinion. This pistol is so much superior to my colt 1911 that you can't hardly compare the two. For $875 new for this gun, I feel like it is worth every penny after this range session. People have told me I owe it to myself to try out a high end 1911. I can now say that im happy I did, and would recommend this pistol to anyone in the market for a 1911.

#2 ·
I'm glad you like your new pistol, but sorry... Anything under $1000 cannot be considered a "high end" 1911. Now, when you get to the $2000-3000 range, you'll be in the "rich" enough to use the term "high end" when referring to a 1911. That being said does not make your Kimber a bad gun at all! :hand10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.