ParaOrdnance TAC-4/Spec-Ops

ParaOrdnance TAC-4/Spec-Ops

This is a discussion on ParaOrdnance TAC-4/Spec-Ops within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I think I've gone round with this one before, but I am SERIOUSLY considering the purchase of a ParaOrdnance SPEC-OPS (the OD green model ...

Thread: ParaOrdnance TAC-4/Spec-Ops

Question ParaOrdnance TAC-4/Spec-Ops

Okay, I think I've gone round with this one before, but I am SERIOUSLY considering the purchase of a ParaOrdnance SPEC-OPS (the OD green model of the TAC-4) LDA .45. Does anybody have any experience with the reliability of this firearm? Especially FTF's and FTE's? How does the new POWER-XTRACTOR work in this regard?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

C'mon, doesn't anybody have some experience with these pistolas? I'll even take (with a small grain of salt) hearsay or rumored experiences....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I can tell you my pops has a Para hi-cap 9, not sure how old it is though, but i have shot it once or twice and i can say it's an impecable firearm.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I'm assuming you have shot an LDA, right? Because the trigger pull, although light, is pretty long compared to a normal 1911. An acquaintance has one, doesn't like it because he keeps putting his finger behind the trigger (he has a safe full of Kimbers). I have not heard anything pro or con on reliability, and I personally haven't shot one enough to say.

Thumbs up Just a little bit 'o practice and I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan
    I'm assuming you have shot an LDA, right? Because the trigger pull, although light, is pretty long compared to a normal 1911. An acquaintance has one, doesn't like it because he keeps putting his finger behind the trigger (he has a safe full of Kimbers). I have not heard anything pro or con on reliability, and I personally haven't shot one enough to say.
    I've not yet fired an LDA, (Dry fired, but not for score LOL) but I'm well used to the Sig and Glock actions and long and easy is just what I'm looking for. Everything requires some "getting used to." I'm sure this will be no different. I no longer carry 1911's.

They got good factory service. But I will stick with my SA 1911's just a couple times of dry fireing Tac 4 at store was enough for me. I do own a Para thats why I know about their good service.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Links