Finally...

This is a discussion on Finally... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by firefighter4884 yeah, permit is for purchase only. CC is not out of the question...but it's nearly impossible to get. NJ is a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally...

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter4884
    yeah, permit is for purchase only. CC is not out of the question...but it's nearly impossible to get.

NJ is a may issue state. You basically either have to know the judge that is going to hear your case, or be able to demonstrate a need (IE, carry large sums of money for work). Even then, from what I understand, you have to start working to reapply for your CCW as soon as you recieve it, because it takes almost that long (the time the permit is good for about the same amount of time that the paperwork takes to get submitted and approved.)
    That's what I thought about the CC, and Maryland is pretty much the same. Along with the money thing Maryland will do the high threat thing..... But in most cases unless you've just beem murdered, the threat isn't high enough!

On the up side, if the weapon makes it into the State, you can buy it with only the "normal" wait. I missed out on a SIG "monthly special" I wanted because it didn't have a fired casing, so couldn't be shipped into the State.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Got the call around 3 PM while at work today. Will be picking up my USP and Ruger tonight around 7...well, after my NCIS check is all done.

I'm counting minutes...

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Sweet get some pics

I'll try and post pictures tomorrow night... but definately friday :)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter4884
    Rocky...

the ruger is a .22 LR target pistol, meant for plinking at the range and for teaching myself technique.

It's also nice for taking friends to the range.

The USP is a .40 Compact (at least that's what I'm looking at)...and is designed for a completely different job...

Could I compare them, probably, but it would be like comparing apples to oranges :)

Sorry, thought ya had a p series pistol. My mistake.

No Biggy,

I shot 500 mag's Ruger.45 (not sure of the model number) as well as my co workers ruger 22/45 and sig 226 the first day that I was shooting pistol. It seemed to have more then a little bit of recoil that I didn't like. I think it might have scared me a little with recoil...

oh well, lessons learned, and i think my next purchase will be an old slab sides. If i'm going to get bit with the bug, might as well make it early right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links