Which SIG? - Page 3

Which SIG?

This is a discussion on Which SIG? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is difficult for me to conceal it well during the summer due to my body size. I am going to have to get something ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which SIG?

Assistant Administrator
    It is difficult for me to conceal it well during the summer due to my body size. I am going to have to get something different for everyday carry.
    mikaldulee - don't be beaten - that is too good a gun to give up just cos of summer.

Don't change gun - alter dress to suit - it can be done. Regardless of what folks think of vests - I use a Smith & Alexander during summer and it is great over my 226. I am 6.00 and 210 so a bit taller and heavier but hey - don't downsize if avoidable.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I understand what you are say P95Carry. Mtrapper gives me the same advice(he is also about your size). As to the P229, I really think highly of it. It is a great weapon, very well made and I trust it 100%. I looked into a P239, but it didn't work for me.

I work on an automobile assembly line and loose or baggy clothing is a work hazard. Unfortunately, my work is also posted and has rather draconian shop rules. Outside of the plant, I use a light jacket or sweaters now that fall is here so it isn't an issue right now. In summer, I was carring a P64, but I didn't like firing it(painful), so I sold it.

Missouri summers are very hot and extremely humid. I'll figure something out.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Summer carry with a P-229 is a piece of cake. Buy some Hawiian shirts and be done with it. I find it more of a chalange to carry in winter than summer.
    Take Care,

Shannon
    www.microholics.org

I agree. For someone not on an assembly line or someplace where loose clothing could get you hurt, hawaiian shirts do work.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

My carry piece for the less secure areas is a Sig 229 in 357sig. I use either a Highnoon Slide Guard belt holster or a Highnoon Closing Argument IWB holster depending on the clothing and situation. The 229 was my first Semi-auto and it has been a great weapon.
    Shoot well and be safe

-Don

"The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links